“Fresh fish/seafood in Mérida”
Review of Marlin Azul

Marlin Azul
Ranked #88 of 801 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is not an attractive restaurant, but the food is fresh, very good and not expensive. Excellent choice for a limited budget.

There are newer reviews for Marlin Azul

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Not very big in size but definitely a great value and great food. The shrimp were incredible. I had the shrimp parillla which were plentiful and delicious with rice and salad. The fried shrimp also looked incredible, And the shrimp cocktails a good size. All food was very reasonably priced for the amount of food and the wonderful flavours. Definitely will return on a future trip to Merida.

Only open until about 4 PM

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Since I've lived in Merida for 12 years now and I eat at Marlin Azul every week I'm very grateful to see it so low on the trip advisor ratings. I have never had a bad meal here. The seafood is always fresh. I never tire of the breaded grouper or mixed seafood ceviche. In season the octopus is excellent as ceviche or in it's ink. I'm not a huge fan of the shrimp or mixed seafood fajitas but they are very popular with the locals...and it is mostly locals living or working downtown that you will find eating here. You have a one in five chance of meeting me here on any weekday...I love it!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is one of those places were you can see more locals than the tourists. Very fresh and delicious sea food. Hudge plates in a very reasonable prices. Although the service is not the best one I would still highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

When planning my 3 week stay in Merida I was delighted to see that my favorite seafood place was still highly recommended. Sure enough, lunch on my second day was outstanding; fresh fish, nicely grilled with sides of avocado, rice, beans, freshly made salsa and chips and, of course, a very cold Dos Equis Lager! Tab with gratuity was less than $11 US! Service is rapid and professional. Kitchen is consistently excellent. Marlin Azul is a favorite with the adult shopping ladies and young professionals working near the Plaza Grande and is usually crowded. However, it is the kind of place where people share tables and use whatever English they have to talk to an American with rusty college Spanish.
Of course I returned some 6-8 times and found other excellent menu choices but it is hard to beat the freshly caught Mero (Grouper), prepared many ways. My favorite place since I first visited 2001.