Hotel Medio Mundo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Colon(Merida)
View Hotel
All reviewsvegan restaurantvegan breakfastlo que haydelicious veganring the bellcolorful wallsfresh fruitsmall poolcomfortable bedsceiling fancourtyard gardenbreakfast areaair conditioningstreet parkingsmall hotellovely hotelhigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our stay in Merida was amazing and Medio Mundo was a big part of that. It was an oasis in hot downtown. Beautiful courtyards with tropical plants, water fountains, breakfast by the pool. And the rooms were authentically decorated. The king bed was so comfy and the fan and A/C were perfect! We loved just escaping the world and forgetting about what time it was. The staff were wonderful...especially Jose. Thank you soooooooo much for everything. And if you are looking for a place to stay-THIS IS IT!

Room Tip: Go for the king bed with AC and fan!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vonpajaro
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Medio Mundo is actually one of the main reasons for why I´ve kept coming back to Mexico and Yucatan. It´s not only a wonderful and lovely hotel, for me it has also become a place for mentally getting in shape for another busy year. The colourful walls and flowers, the sound of porling water as you fall asleep, the sound of the wind in the trees and song of the birds as you´re enjoying their absolutely delicious breakfast in the lovely garden, nothing can be more relaxing and peaceful.
Behind the blue entrance a hidden Paradise will appear with lots of wonderful and interesting details. The rooms are big and spacious and so are the bathrooms. No need to mention spotlessly clean of course. The supercomfy beds are simply the best! Still dream of getting one of them over to Europe. ;-) There´s also a really good handicraft shop with top quality items, very very tempting. A charming little pool is also available which is a relief as Merida can get quite hot.
But what makes Medio Mundo so very special is the lovely owners, Nicole and Nelson and their fantastic staff. All SO nice and welcoming, always there with a smile and extremely helpful in every way with various information. This might be regarding local traditions, tours, restaurants, hairdresser, golf courses and shopping. They all make you feel genuinely welcome and give you a wish to return soon again. This was my 6th visit at wonderful Medio Mundo and I have been there on my own, with different friends and as a couple and every visit has been just as fantastic as the previous one. Can strongly recommend this amazing place for travellers who are seeking something special and very memorable.:-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LACopenhagen
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the first I give a 5 stars because I never found the perfect balance between price and everything else.
Here, the location is great just a 5 to 10 min walk to the center, rooms are huge, clean, the hotel is very nice and calm, breakfast is fantastic ( fresh fruits, great coffee, ....) and there is also a tiny swimming pool.

Pro: - perfect price value
- great bed (not too hard, not too soft)
- great internet connection
- very calm
- fantastic breakfast
- very friendly staff

Cons: - street parking

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Djeggy
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I kind of strolled into Merida unexpectedly with no firm plans except to see what Merida looks like. I did't have a place to stay so I went to the one place I had read the best reviews of, Luz en Yucatan. Sadly, no rooms that night but the man who answered the door referred me to Hotel Medio Mundo down the street. It i in an old, beautifully repaired and updated building. Jose checked me in and I immediately loved my room on the first floor facing the courtyard with 2 pairs of French doors (Spanish style, with multiple doors within doors with screens, frosted glass or solid black out and screened transoms above) opening out. Great with the ceiling fan there was plenty of fresh air with total privacy. Great, huge bathroom. Super breakfast. Jose was very nice, friendly, funny, helpful, can't say enough about his shining personality. Other staff were equally pleasant and friendly, as the Mayan seem to be. A most agreeable people, as were the Merideños in general that I met and interacted with. Soon after I checked in someone brought me a cool drink of hibiscus with ice. So refreshing after walking in off the hot Merida streets. Perfect location near everything you want to see.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DavidA51
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife, two kids (ages 8 and 11) and I stayed one night at the hotel. The nondescript street hides an amazing courtyard with plants and fountain. The rooms surround the courtyard with the pool in the back. The breakfast was amazing with fruit, yoghurt, muffins, and juice - more than enough for everybody. We got some excellent suggestions for restaurants with local food.

Warning - The mosquitoes were bothersome at breakfast. Bring bug spray. We bought some from the hotel for 80 pesos, which worked for us.

Room Tip: The market on Sunday morning was nice but be sure to stick around for the shows that seem to last all day. We watched a magic performance that lasted about an hour before we had to go. The kids loved it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family