“Good German bar in Merida”
Review of La Bierhaus

La Bierhaus
Ranked #73 of 756 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: German, Bar, Central European, European, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.lawsonsyucatan.com/2010/05/01/la-bierhaus/ http://v6.yucatan.com.mx/noticia.asp?cx=17$1310030000$4294232&f=20100502
Merida, Mexico
“Good German bar in Merida”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is my favorite bar in Merida .They have a great selection of german beers as well as other countries ,they have specials on mexican beers at 19 pesos and Chope on draught.The food is pretty much all german but if you dont like bratwurst try the haxe its like a roast ham or ask for the salmon which is new and not on the menu,Skol!

• Visited November 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Fancy a decent beer in Merida?”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by how good the draft beer was, we also ordered the bratwurst hotdog, it was so good we returned a couple of hours later for another. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. It was refreshing to have some European beers after six months of Central American beers ( which have been a little bland to us).
The only bad side was that it has a really long beer menu, but when we were there it seemed as if a good few of the beers were not stocked. Despite this, we would definitely go back if we were in Merida again and recommend it to others.

Visited October 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great German food -- in Mexico!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went here on a total lark. Didn't know if it was a chain or what. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find a great German Bierhaus in the middle of the Yucatan Peninsula. I opted for the Sausage plate for I believe M$190 and I got my fill. Great currywurst, brats, Neurenbergerwurst. Came with 3 kinds of potatoes: fries, salad and mashed. It also had a great beer list too. If you've had your fill of Mexican, this is a great alternative to the overpriced chains that populate the city center. My only complaint, and it's a complaint about Mexican service in general, they take your order quickly, bring you everything you ordered quickly, but languish with the check. I know they're trying to probably not rush you out, but still, give me the check.

• Visited August 2013
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wow this place is excellent. From beers around the world served ice cold with an ice cold mug/glass to the most delicious food, to a mix of great music, from a Jazz Duet to a full Rock Band. From when we first entered the hostess took us to a great table in an open air court yard, the waiter was right there waiting to bring us the first of many beers that first night as we traveled around the world tasting beers. We ordered a cold meat appetizer served with warm bread that was traditional and authentic German. We ordered the meat plate our first visit but the next time we ordered the meat and cheese plate which was more than two people should eat for a starter but we had no trouble because the excellent selection of cheese only added to the delicious meats. Their beer menu has at least 50 different beers to choose from, from all around the world including drafts. All served very cold with a cold glass, poured perfectly by your waiter. Our third visit we ordered the "5 sausage plate" a mix of 5 German sausages grilled perfectly served with authentic German sauerkraut, mashed potatoes buttery rich and French fries. This was super!! Again beers ice cold, service outstanding. On our third visit we ordered pizza the first was the bacon, great thin crispy crust just how I like it, followed by the vegetarian pizza and for a meat lover this pizza was delicious, for sure I will ordered it again. The service from the kitchen? I own restaurants and I couldn't believe the speed and attention to detail this restaurant puts out.
The place was spotless. The bathrooms clean and fresh smelling.
Now don't expect 20 peso beer and 50 peso dinners, not that this place is what I would call expensive but I will tell you this, it's worth every peso!! There is no way you will not leave pleased and planning a return visit. I saw they are open at 7am for breakfast, we haven't made it yet. Alcohol is served at 12 noon till closing, and they have a happy hour from 12pm to...sorry I can't remember when. April , May, and June 2013

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Wilson222_11
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and beer selection”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband, father-in-law, and I decided to go to this place for dinner and we're so glad we did. Amazing sauerkraut, and the French fries were good too. This is a great place to get something other than the local cuisine in Merida. You can't find a better beer selection in Merida either. A must try!!

• Visited June 2013