“A highlight of our holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Merida Street Food Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Merida
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventures Mexico is a tour company providing travel programs to Mexico for individuals, families and groups. We strive to deliver memorable travel experiences for any occasion from Mexico City to the Yucatan Peninsula, the Copper Canyon and the states of Oaxaca and Chiapas. We also have a Tour for foodies the "Taste of Yucatan Merida Cooking class"
Esher, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A highlight of our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

One of the highlights from our holiday in Yucatan. George took the two of us to the covered market and where we sampled the local fruits and cooked meats. We then bought the ingredients for the meal and set off into the suburbs on a local bus (itself an experience). The meal was superb and since returning to the UK we’ve downloaded the recipes and had a go at recreating it. Very highly recommended and George is a star in the making.

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEST. TOUR. COMPANY. EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

There is a reason that 51 reviewers of this company give it 5 stars and over the top positive comments. This is simply THE BEST tour company, not just in the Yucatan, but in the world... I travel a lot and deal with a ton of tour companies, but I have not encountered any service that is as accommodating as Adventures Mexico Day Tours.

Marianne, the tour coordinator is amazing. She is thorough, prompt and VERY reliable.... exactly what you need from someone helping you to plan a trip in an unfamiliar locale 3000 miles from home. You want a local, you can trust, who will give you the information on the best deals and the most interesting activities. That's EXACTLY what this company provides.

The tour guides are THE BEST. Jorge was my guide for the city of Merida, its environs and the Mayan Museum. He was absolutely terrific. He is knowledgeable, helpful and will tailor your tour to meet the needs of the group.

I could not have been more pleased with the services provided by this company. I will definitely be using their services for my next trip to the Yucatan. I whole - heartedly recommend this organization for anyone travelling in the Yucatan Peninsula.

1 Thank CaseySFO
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cooking class in Merida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had a great time with Jorge yesterday, and enjoyed the entire experience. Jorge gave a better history synopsis than what we had received on a city tour, and showed his passion for food and cooking in the market. It was fun trying new foods in the market and then pitching in to help cook our meal. It was delicious! I heartily recommend this tour!

1 Thank Christine905
Vermont
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day for Foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a marvelous day, first at the market and then at a private home, cooking! Our leader Jorge was charming, informative, and knowledgeable. It is a really wonderful experience and I could not recommend it more highly.
At the end of the day we were tired but filled - both with knowledge and with food! If you have dietary concerns, the meal is adapted for you!

Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun for Foodies! Adventure Mexico Cooking Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a great way to spend a day. My mother and I wanted to do a cooking class. After reading reviews on trip advisor we decided to to this daytime adventure. We really enjoyed the tour of the market with Jorge who speaks great English and is passionate about food and cooking. He encouraged us to try different fruits in the market that we never would have tried otherwise. We purchased everything we needed for the meal we would prepare then went to their home. Jorge and his wife are a lovely young couple. We enjoyed the cooking class, lunch and the company very much. I will definitely be using some of the tricks I learned at home. Just need to find banana leaf. They also readily accomodated our food request of no pork.
I enjoyed it so much that I plan to take another class next year when I go back. I highly reccomend this for anyone who likes to cook or eat!

Visited January 2014