“Certainly Rosas&Xocolate is one of the best places I have ever stayed”

Rosas & Xocolate Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Perfect location close to the center of the city. Extremely polite staff. Clean, comfortable room serviced daily with a big space. They pay attention to each and every detail wherever you are within the hotel. The food is great indeed. SPA is terrific. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and next time no doubts will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark K
There are newer reviews for Rosas & Xocolate Boutique Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel but it is always a destination when I visit Merida. I never pass up the chance to dine in the beautiful restaurant and recently I had a wonderful time listening to jazz at the Moon Patio. The staff is always gracias and the owner welcoming. Stop in for a drink and stay for a meal.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank BillandBob
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was in Merida on business and decided to splurge a little and stay at Rosas. Well worth it... The rooms were beautiful, the bathrooms large, and the showers were amazing.Most important the staff was excellent, from the front desk who checked us in to Daniel who helped us to our room.

Thanks for making this business trip more like a vacation with your great service and in depth knowledge of the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Rosa and Xocolate. we found the food at dinner and breakfast very good.
Rosa and Xocolate is a very good 4 star hotel. The service was friendly but a little off. Eggs were ordered and came out wrong, drinks at the upstairs bar were forgotten a couple of times. The staff is very nice but just miss getting that 5th star based on a few things. With that said I would return here again and I would recommend it. It was nice to have the chocolate smelling soap.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the upstairs bar or from the restaurant on weekends if you go to bed early
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure at what was to be a really nice spa. The atmosphere was lovely and the price very high by Mexican standards, higher than in some nice places in the U.S. The room was quite dark, the soft music lovely. I was in a chair that was not super comfortable, but it was okay. The technician spoke almost no English, this is Mexico and I do not blame her, I blame myself for knowing so little Spanish. She asked me if I wanted the nails short. I said, "Yes". Well when I walked out of the spa and looked at my nails, they were all unevenly cut, some so far into my nail bed that they hurt for days. I showed them a week later to some people and they said it looked like I had been chewing on them even though I had not touched them except for changing the polish. She only applied one coat of clear polish to my nails and by the next day it had bubbled all over. I had to remove it and put on two new clear coats when my nail beds has healed. It is now a week and a half later and my left hand still has almost no white tips at the end of the nails. I will have to wait several weeks to get another manicure. I wrote to the hotel and told them of my problem. I have received no response. I suggest you don't waste your money at this spa. It is obvious that the technician had no idea what she was doing and it cost me a great deal of money, almost 750 pesos or over $60 U.S.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank AMBChicago
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a perfect stay at this hotel, which was so welcoming with its great architecture, delicious kitchen and friendly staff. For shure the best hotel in town. The owner took personnaly care of us and gave us all sort of information about the area while his charming daughter got us a suite allthough we booked by mistake somehow the wrong day. Absolutly to recommend if you pass by Merida.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Maxis78
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Rosas and Xocolate was the second boutique hotel that we stayed at during our trip to Merida. It is a lovely hotel along the Paseo de Montejo. We had a deluxe room, one the second floor. The room itself was adequate. It didn't blow us away, but we weren't disappointed either. We found that the breakfast, included in the room charge, was different when we ate on the patio than when we ate in the restaurant. That was strange with the breakfast in the restaurant including more options and juice.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Carol Kolozs, who always on-hand at the hotel. What a warm, charming and interesting person he is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple