“My best option on Merida”

Rosas & Xocolate Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 906 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Winner of the best Hotel Restaurant in the country, the guests can enjoy the gastronomic fusion authored by our own innovative Chef in the space of your selection, either in the open sky Moon Lounge, in the exterior or interior terraces with water gardens or in our contemporary bistro.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The atmosphere of the Restaurant is wonderful, it is located on Paseo Montejo (one of the most important Avenues on Merida).
The cusine is a fusion of Yucateca/Mayan flavors with a modern twist.

The food is delicious and the dishes are very well presented.
The service is great, the Sommelier suggested an excellent bottle of wine.

We had a great experience, definitely is one of the best Restaurants I ever been.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The experience we had was very good almost excellent. Service was top-notch and the menu is excellent. You can find a wide variety of local cuisine dishes almost for every taste. The restaurant is nice and it has access directly to the Paseo Montejo or to the Hotel (with the same name). It has both an interior and exterior area. The minor issue we found is that at the exterior side there was almost no light (extremely difficult to see the menu) and mosquitos flying around. We changed tables to the inside and everything went well. One important point is to make a reservation to get a table because it fills up quickly. Definitely, if you have the chance, this is a place to dine and enjoy.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Rosas y Xocolate is a high-end boutique hotel on Paseo y Montejo.

On Friday and Saturday night, they feature Jazz music on the roof-top terrace.

It is a long climb up a metal spiral staircase to the terrace which holds about 12 tables.

It filled up quickly. It was also so dark, the waiters had to use flashlights to help me read the menu.

I love open air cafes like this. The sky was clear and I could see Venus and Mars.

The roof-top terrace is an intimate setting. The bar juts out onto the terrace from the back and tables are arranged on three sides. The Jazz ensemble is setup in the front facing the tables.

I know very little about jazz. I had hoped there would be a vocalist. There was. Cony Amcona, the vocalist was good. A lovely clear voice.

She sang a mix of Spanish and English songs.

I ordered beef brisket. It came on a large plate with slices of beef layered in a row, accompanied with bread slices, an olive oil dip and a brown beef sauce, all very tasty. I am not a beef lover, but I appreciated the tenderness of the beef. The slices rested on an avocado slices base.

Also I had a traditional Daiquiri.

Later, I got a chocolate tart that came with a side of cardamon ice cream, and a light mound of cake, like angel food. Rosas y Xocolate caters to the tourist crowd, they had coffee at midnight.

Overall, a wonderful evening.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Interesting menu, great food, beautiful garden area, nice ambience, and friendly, professional service. Easy to find if you look for the vivid pink exterior along Paseo Montejo.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had an amazing dinner here and after reading old reviews I wasn't really expecting that. There were 3 of us, all chefs, and everything we had was creative, well executed and delicious. It's refreshing when a chef (a new chef) and a restaurateur/hotelier take all the best elements of a cuisine and a place, and re-imagine it so successfully. It’s clear they both love where they landed. The space was gorgeous with fuchsia against white, a trickling fountain, and seductive lighting; the outdoor patio was sexy and dreamy. The prices were reasonable and the American owner understands the meaning of gracious hospitality. After dinner we went to the rooftop to hear some great live music while over looking the city and the owner brought us a round of drinks and hung with us for awhile swapping restaurant notes. Before dinner because we were with our dear friend Patty Bush (a Merida chef/resident) we got a tour of the property and the luscious rooms. Well done! Will we be back? You bet!