“Basic rooms, good location, but too expensive for what you get.”

Hotel Posada Toledo & Galeria
Ranked #84 of 104 Hotels in Merida
“Basic rooms, good location, but too expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are small but okay. AC made much noise, so you have to turn it off when you want to sleep. Our toilet didnt flush, we had to try it 2/3 times before it worked. Shower was very good. Breakfast is the same everyday and not much variation. The atmosphere was nice, Internet worked fine, but overall it is a little bit overpriced.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my fiance for three days. I found the hotel over the Internet and I liked it because of the Colonial theme they had shown on the pictures. When we got there we were disappointed as although service was very nice, the room was very ugly. Every time we needed something we had a quick yes and delivery yet we had other expectations.

• Stayed December 2012
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had stayed at HOTEL POSDA TOLEDO for 4 days. I had no trouble with theft. Camera, cell phone, money and other belongings were left in tact as I left them upon returning to the room (spread atop of the dresser). I had approached the owner about the former incident of the stolen computer and was told the incident very likely did occur but assured me that the person who had cleaned the room was dismissed from the job for that reason. I wholeheartedly believe its completely SAFE!!! it was demonstrated by the personal who worked there.
The hotel is centrally located- next door to the Best Western Yucatan (they charge 4 times the price of a room) - and just a few blocks to the Zocalo. You will be pleased with the traditional take of this place. I shopped around town before committing to this hotel; it was by far the most attractive of ones I have seen with similarly competitive pricing. Old tradtional doors surrounding a central courtyard with beautiful flowers and plantings. Spacious rooms with old traditional pasta floors and antique furniture, non-sagging mattress with clean white sheets and clean white bedspread (light in weight). The room is tided-up everyday...the bed is made as new with fluffed-up pillows (no stain on sheets or pillows). The room is also kept comfortable with a new panasonic split air-conditioner and a 5 speed fan to keep cool. The price of the room comes with a delicious breakfast (served from 7A-10A) - choice of freshely made coffee or expresso, an incredible plate of fruit filled with papaya, cantalope-honeydew and banana, freshly squeezed orange juice, yogurt, cereal, toast (cream cheese and butter accompaniment) assorted pasteries. Breakfast is served either in the patio or in the formal dining room. Old family pictures abound the room with antiques dating back to the 1860´s. A curio cabinet filled with china and family memorabilia is displayed in the dining area along with other antiquated furnishing. The owner did mention that the dining area will begin serving dinners such as salmon, lobster caught from the nearby gulf, pasta, salads and other wonderful local edibles. The attendant at front desk is happy to call in a delivery for you in the event you want pizza, as, I did. Also, all local phone calls in Merida are at the expense of the hotel. Each room has a phone. If you need a cell phone, they can arrange for one. There is wireless service at the premises. A tour of the facility can be had as the hotel has a interesting history that can be enjoyed by those who visit. All-in-all I have found a truly remarkable jewel in midst of a busy city, with old mexican architecture and moorish influences (french influences in some room furnishing), yet the indoor seclusion and noise buffer of the mini hacienda´s walls allows for a quite and tranquil stay. I believe, you too, will be pleased. For the price, amenities, historic value, centrality and a terrific breakfast this place cannot be beat. I must say, photographs taken of this place does not do it justice...the only thing I would change is possibly the lighting in the room.

Room Tip: I had room number 8 - I was pleased with it. If you want a room with original french influenced fur...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank unbiasedofferings
Christchurch
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Seems like a nice enough hotel and i would agree with most of the other positive reviews.

However, 2 members of our intrepid group had valuables stolen. We were told to leave our keys at the front desk and i had left my ipod ready to charge when my roommates had finished. When we got back the aircon had been turned off and my ipod was no where to be seen. No sign of breakin and supposedly the front desk had been manned at all times.
So it seems that the hotel staff had robbed us because
1. why would they have left another ipod sitting there?
2. why would an outside robber bother to turn off the airconditioning?
Another girl had $US400 stolen.
The hotel has denied the whole incident and stated we must have lost things elsewhere. Completely denying any accountability, is that a place that you would want to stay at?
Fortunately Intrepid won't be staying here again after the summer, but if you do end up staying, watch your stuff!!!

• Stayed October 2009
3 Thank ferret7272

Travelers are raving about these Merida hotels

Reviewed June 9, 2009

beautiful and clean. Within walking distance to all the main attractions. Parking is not included in the price, it was about $5 extra for 2 nights for me I think.. They also give good exchange rate, so I changed all my dollars there

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank Raqqqs_prncss
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I stayed in this hotel on a school trip in the late nineties, and recalled it as one of the highlights, so when friends of mine invited me to come to Mexico to tour ruins, I insisted we not only see Merida, but also that we stay here. My memories held up. The hotel rooms can be a bit on the small side, but have clean relatively comfortable beds, baths, television (though we never turned it on..) and air conditioning and are furnished with heavy handcarved wooden furniture. The real beauty of the place is the common areas, the courtyard garden, and the dining room at one end of it. It is a beautiful oasis of calm, after the noise and chaos of the rest of the city. It is only a couple of blocks from the main plaza, and a short walk to the historic district. I know that this is a tourist hotel, but it felt a bit like we got so see a little bit of "real" historic Mexico.
It's an excellent base for going to see the nearby ruins (Uxmal, Loltun Caves, Kabah, Labna, Sayil) and the folks at the desk can help you organize tours.

• Liked — Breakfast in the courtyard
  • Disliked — The small room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Selkiechick
Ben Lomond, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2007

It has been three years since we stayed at the Posado Toledo and we've never forgotten our two nights there. I remember, even without the 20 photographs, the suite we stayed in - two-three rooms decorated with amazing furniture from Spain and cornices and moldings to envy in any country.
I remember Paula at the desk who collects ball point pens from other places and who did everything to make our stay memorable. Breakfast in the amazing old family dining room was super--I let the waitress choose a typical Merida breakfast. It was so different and delicioso; something with egg and cheese.

We were so excited by our rooms that we met a young German couple and brought them back to show the rooms off.
I really don't know what the rest of the rooms were like. These were the original bedroom/sitting room of the senior owners. Lovely. We're going back this February and bringing friends this time. Janice and Paul from California

• Liked — The Colonial detail in the rooms.
  • Disliked — Well, lying on the floor to take pictures of the ceiling detail wasn't comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple