Casa Mexilio Guest House
$93
  • Pool
$89
Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
$47
  • Breakfast included
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Pool
$116
$71
Merida Santiago Hotel Boutique(Merida)
$132
Hyatt Regency Merida(Merida)
$76
Hotel Casa del Balam(Merida)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
$67
$65
$213
$205
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was SHOCKED to see a curt email in my inbox tonight very rudely informing me that the reservations I had made for myself and my senior citizen parents for early February (2weeks from now) will not be honored by the hotel, despite the fact that we made the reservations in December and have already paid a deposit. The email is pretty fishy sounding to me, but Roger (the owner?) stated that he couldn't honor our reservation due to the "noise and crowds" of the upcoming Carnival season. ????? I find this incredibly hard to believe for the following reasons: 1) the "noise and crowds" of carnival could hardly be something new--if this was truly an issue affecting service from years past, a normal, professional hotel would have taken measures to address this well in advance of two weeks before carnival; 2) again, if this was truly an issue in the past, the hotel should never have allowed reservations to be made during this time period; 3) even STRANGER than all that...in early January Roger had also emailed me to ask if I "really" was planning to stay at the hotel for the dates I had reserved (and had paid for), because if not, he had many, many other customers lined up for my rooms due to the popularity of carnival. Hence, I have the distinct impression that I'm getting booted from my rooms because Roger has found a more attractive offer from someone else. Regardless, this treatment is extremely rude, unprofessional, and inconvenient, as I now have to scramble to find two rooms during carnival just a few days before we leave for Mexico. UNBELIEVABLE. I am writing this review to warn others to not take a reservation with this hotel seriously. They will boot you without notice. Totally unreliable and unprofessional. Look elsewhere if you want to be sure you actually have some place to sleep when you get there.

Stayed: January 2013
10  Thank Rv U
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Casa Mexilio is an amazing colonial mansion that's been transformed into a serious of guest rooms (all thematic..such as "Frida Kahlo" room) and stairs, pathways, nooks , crannies. I have stayed there two times...a couple of years apart. The first time, the place was full, and breakfast was served on the patio roof. Cooked to order Yucatecan breakfast. The rooms and public areas are filled with antiques, historical artifacts and interesting objects. The pool is teensy but charming..it was dug into the center patio and covered in vines, plants, and very little sunlight- making it refreshing on hot, humid Merida days. If you speak Spanish, the guys are incredibly filled with Mexican colonial history knowledge . The next time I was there, it was during the swine flu scare, and no one was there. Therefore, they gave us vouchers to a local Merida breakfast institution, because it wasn't worth them lugging all the food up for flights of stairs for two of us.The rooms and furnishings are amazing- many have lofts built into them which are so quirky. The guys are very helpful recommending local historical restaurants, arqueologia sites, stores, hammock factories (great deals) etc. Definitely unique but not for the visitor who doesn't like to engage with fellow travelers.

Room Tip: The Frida room has the pool right off the door, but there's less privacy. The Manual de Falla room is lovely and only on the second floor. I wouldn't want the fourth floor...carrying all that stuff up and down, and in the heat, worse. It's a delightful place, and they guide you with what you want.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sheilaars
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were so pleased to have stumbled across this gem of a hotel when looking for somewhere to stay in Merida. The attention to detail in the decor makes this feel like a really enchanted house, with bridge and doorways leading into magical dining rooms and balconies. Our room was also beautiful, with a great king size bed.

Our only reservation about the hotel was the booking. We booked the hotel through walking in, and were given a good price for a choice of most rooms in the hotel and told we could check in whenever we wanted. When we returned to pay, we were told we could no longer check in when we wanted because someone had taken the room for that night, which was fair enough, and told we were nolonger able to change our room to another room for the second night as it had been taken. On reading the website, we realized that we had been given the 'Illusive Special Offer', which was really kind of the staff, but we wish they had explained this fully on booking the rooms. Similarly, on the website it said that breakfast was included, but when we asked about this we were told it was not provided. That said, the staff were perfectly pleasant and polite throughout our stay.

Despite this confusion, we had a wonderful stay in the hotel and were thankful to have found such an incredible and unique place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saritaramirez
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were very comfortable in the gorgeous Manual de Falla room for two nights. The house is charming, and the location is excellent for exploring El Centro on foot. Jorge and his asistant Guillhermo provided us with excellent service. We had everything we needed in the way of recommendations to nearby restaurants. Jorge was kind enough to let us borrow his map of the area while we were there. Breakfasts in the garden courtyard across the street were delicious and beautifully served. You should have mosquito repellent if you want to sit outside on the patio of the room. The room itself has screens. The bar was not open when we visited, but you can relax in there and soak up the atmosphere. We are very happy that we stayed at the Casa Mexilio.

Room Tip: The Manual de Falla room was quiet. The steps to the second level in the room are quite steep, but this was not a problem for us, just something to be aware of when choosing this room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Beautiful house and interesting decor. Comfortable beds . Nice and quiet in the rooms away from the street. Breakfast good but watch out for the trees overhanging the chairs in the breakfast garden. Dates fall on to the chairs and it's easy to sit on one by mistake. Sometimes they don't answer the doorbell and you have to go across the road. Those quirks aside, it's well worth a visit. Lovely pool in which you can actually swim.

Room Tip: Any away from the street, and I think they all are.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple