“Nice Stay in Merida”

Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Uxmal, Mexico
“Nice Stay in Merida”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed in the Hacienda, at first I had really low expectations of this Hotel. When I arrived the check in was really fast , the room is comfortable probably the best in my stay in Merida. First time I traveled alone for business then with my wife and kids. My kids loved the pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Jaime L
HotelHaciendaInn, Gerente at Hotel Hacienda Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for you wonderfull comments. Hacienda Inn´s staff thanks your preference, and we hope you visit us again in your next stay in Merida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I took a bus ADO bus from Cancun to Merida specifically to go to Chitchen Itza Mayan ruins. The motel is on a main road about 15 minutes taxi from downtown. The motel rooms surround a large courtyard and swimming pool. All the hotel employees are nice and speak english well. The rooms are quite large with large bathroom and hot shower. TV and strong Wi-fi signal in room. There is a large restaurant with bar that serves Breakfast - Dinner with seafood, pasta, burgers, etc all reasonably priced. Make sure you use the free room safe at all times, I learned my lesson the hard way once while traveling. The ADO bus terminal downtown will take you to Chitzen Itzen in a van, ask the front desk for departure times. The daily rate for a room is $60.00 day I got it for $50.00 day on Hotels.com. It can be a little noisy on weekends with people swimming in the pool so ask for room away from courtyard if you want total quiet.

Room Tip: Swimming pool area can get noisy with guests
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Yoipitydafool67
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The pros, this hotel is really close to Merida´s airport, it is probably the closest one, you can get to the airport in a short 5-10 min cab drive. The prices are affordable. The staff is really welcoming and tries to help with all you need.

The cons, the bathroom is not as clean as you would like it to be, and for some reason the shower curatin only covers half of the shower area, so it is pretty easy to make a mess. Since the hotel has a big backyard, is really easy to find little spiders and bugs in your room. There is not good wifi reception at the rooms.

Overall I would recommend you to stay at Hacienda Inn if you need to go the airport, otherwise look for other hotels in Merida near downtown or Paseo Montejo.

3 Thank Albany A
Chico, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked this hotel for my first and last nights in Merida since my in between travel plans were tentative. It was clean, convenient and had free wifi. The staff were very helpful and spoke English. I ate dinner at the restaurant twice and it was good and affordable. They gave me a 4am wake up call and arranged for a taxi for my departure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Pamela M
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night since our flight from Houston was scheduled to arrive late in the evening and we were planning to head into two in the morning. We paid about $40/USD for the room and pretty much got what we paid for. The room was very basic: the bed was somewhat comfortable and clean, bathroom was OK - the soap and shampoos were minimal, towels were a bit tattered. There was a very nauseating smell in the room. We think that it was stain on the bathroom door. I can't imagine staying there for more than a night. Breakfast in the onsite restaurant was actually very, very good and was inexpensive.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived late, and we had our flight next day very early in the morning. We chose this hotel because it is super close to the airport and because it does look nice on the web. Everything was fine at the beginning: nice and friendly staff took care of our luggage and indicate the features of the hotel diligently. But suddenly... we entered to the room. :O The floor was full of centipedes; there was even a huge spider on the floor. Shower time: my girlfriend's towel has 3 holes (see pic). Finally we went to bed, and we notice that our neighbor has the TV super loud. We called the receptionist to ask for another bedroom, because we really needed to sleep... but apparently the hotel was full. As I said, the staff was really nice (and that's why I give it two points)... but overall this is NOT the overnight you want if you need a good rest to pick a plane the next day.

3 Thank Raul B