“Great location, good rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Del Parque Hotel

Del Parque Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Del Parque Hotel
Ranked #85 of 103 Hotels in Merida
Clearwater, Florida
“Great location, good rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2007

The Hotel del Parque has a wonderful location on Calle 60 in the Centro. It is across the street and half a block down from the Casa Del Balam. It is in the same block as the UDAY (University)

It has interior parking included with the room, a savings of about 7 USD a night from any of the public parking nearby. There are 20 rooms I saw a triple that overlooked the Maternidad Park next to the Small church (a few blocks up from the Cathedral) . I stayed in a single with no view.

The rooms are centerally air conditioned, but there are no controls in the room. There are fans in the room with individual controls. Even though the air conditioning cannot be cotrolled individually I never had any complaints about the temperature, if I got a little hot or stuffy I just turned the fan on low.

The beds are quite firm, which I liked. The maid service was good, the linens were clean. There is bottled water and manufactured ice (I saw them opening the bags of ice from the ice plant on the periferico) The ice is stored in a big white ice freezer in the parking area a good sign. I used the bottled water and ice every day.

This is a good value for the money. The location is exceptional especially on the nights (every Sunday some other nights on special events) when they close Calle 60 for dancing in the street to live music.

There is a restaurant adjacent. I never ate there, only because I had other restaurants I wanted to try or I was eating with friends. There is a Burger King on the same block.

This is not a superior hotel, but something comparable to an Ibis (Ireland) or Motel 6 (US). Since the Merida Mission is closed for renovation I expect this to be quite full for the next few months.

The desk staff do not all speak English, but I did see them transact business with persons who spoke no Spanish. Some staff members speak English quite well and were able to provide excellent driving directions to a small neighborhood in Merida.

I stayed five nights. Initally I paid for one night as a test stay but the room was comfortable, the water hot, the cable television good (odd to watch a French WW II movie, subtitled in Spanish and then flip to the next channel to watch Law and Order in English subtitled in Spanish) . There are vending machines in the lobby area if you need a snack in the wee hours.

Parking can only hold about 20 cars, if you block someone in they may ask that you leave your key with the attendant or front desk, this is quite usual and I was comfortable with this.

• Liked — Reasonable price ~40USD/night
  • Disliked — Parking unavailable when street closed, but there is a pay garage in the block behind the hotel open 24 hrs
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo