“Best Stuff ever.”

Hyatt Regency Merida
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First let's agree that Merida is a very nice city to live, as a city it doesn't have a lot for tourists, but all the towns surrounding Merida has a lot of things to see, any way Merida is the most fancy city among these towns. people here drive really nice and let's point on nice, no horns no speed cars, you will never feel stress driving here for people who used to drive in big cities: sorry, but you must have patient here and enjoy.
one of the main streets in Merida (which can talk you to every where) is Paseo Montejo is 100 m far from Hyatt , also the down town (old city to be specific) is few blocks from the hotel. so the location of the hotel is amazing.if you are driving or riding a cap it won't cost you more than 5 dollars at night for any place (there is a night tariff here for Taxi)
the hotel is extremely clean, stuff are amazing i believe this is the best thing in the hotel actually, they are very polite, most of them speaks really good English, no problem in communication.
as being more lucky i was in the regency club floor (it is an agreement between the Hotel & the company i am working with) so the room was really nice, sheets are always clean, i stayed for one month, didn't "lost" 1 sock.
food is really nice i used to have breakfast & dinner there, for a 25 dollars you can have amazing dinner including deserts & tips (no alcohol)
The Hotel has amazing gym room, has 5 running machines, as small weight lifting machine "but OK" but it is always clean, clean towels always exist, it even has Tennis ground really nice one
the pool this is what drop it from 5 to 4, as i saw some reviews here, i agree with them, the pool is not always clean, although it ilooks really nice, many lounges to relax, sunny ,little bit windy but still nice.but again it was not that clean some times i felt too disgusting and i didn't swim, just had a towel and read under Merida's nice Sun.
all over it was amazing experience for me, i was there for work, so the time i spent there was really nice for me

Room Tip: the pool view rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Merida

Reviewed September 10, 2012

First, I am really puzzled by the very negative reviews of this hotel. We spent two nights here in early September and found it to be excellent in all respects. Well, if one had to complain (which I think some folks do) it is about 1 mile from the city center so a nice walk is in order. If walking is not an option there is a bus stop right at the hotel or cabs are readily available,

We drove to Merida from Cancun and had no problem finding the hotel. Once we arrived we turned the car over to the valet for parking (100 percent free) and checked in. The staff was excellent and the bellboy who escorted us to our room was very polite and friendly and spoke very good English so was able to give us some good tips on seeing Merida.

Our room was quite large, extremely clean (no spotted carpet here, no stains - everything top notch) with a king size bed,mini fridge, safe, sofa, work desk and chair and plenty of storage space. All furniture was in excellent condition and the bedding was top quality as was the mattress. The bathroom was large and well appointed and spotlessly clean. Plenty of big soft towels were provided. Overall an excellent room.

The hotel has a pool which is located on the third floor. The pool area is quite pretty and has a nice pool bar and plenty of loungers. The only down side to the pool is that it tended to be a bit windy on the third floor, but not a big deal. Again the pool and its surrounds were spotless and extremely clean and neat.

The Hyatt is just a block off of Paseo Montejo which is great for a nice walk to admire the great mansions and town homes. It is also directly across the street from the Fiesta Americana hotel which has a large shopping area on the first floor. There is an OXXO on the corner by the hotel for those things one might need, and even a Walmart one block away for good prices on cerveza and vino.

Overall we were quite happy with this hotel and had no complaints at all - good location, great staff, great rooms, nice pool, spotlessly clean and neat. I would suggest that the negative reviews should be ignored.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WillieC
Reviewed August 9, 2012

After driving 4 long hours from Cancun I was looking for something clean, comfortable and across the street from the US Consulate. I figured I had found the place when I walked in the lobby....then I came to the room. Well, it went downhill from there. The room was lacking in charm and it had wall to wall stained carpeting. Eww! Took a shower and went downstairs for a dip in the pool with my family. While grabbing some towels and looking for a place to nest on a lounge chair I stepped on mysterious looking green glob amongst cigarette buds.Ignored it. Jumped in the pool and saw film, hair and bread floating in the water. Gross! Got my kids and got out of there fast! Even my 5 year old daughter said "Mommy, I saw bread floating across me and tried to ignore it'. Eww! Eww! Eww! I went across the street to another hotel.

Room Tip: check out and go to any hotel across the street!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara G
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Merida a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed my stay. I am not fluent in Spanish, but the front desk workers that I spoke to were bilingual. They were very nice and polite! Also, they have been the only hotel who when doing a wake-up call, an actual person is on the other end when you pick up the phone and not a pre-recorded message. I can appreciate that!

I really enjoyed my room, and yes, the mattress was on the firm side, but it didn't take away from me having a restful sleep. I loved how I could climb up into this type of cubby/sitting space right next to the window in my room! I had a great view of the pool from above, and man oh man is it a nice pool! Waterfalls, bar and hot tub! When I went down to the hot tub and I was the only one out there, a member of the staff brought me out a towel without me even asking for it! At first, I thought he was coming to tell me the pool was closed lol

The bathroom has been one of my favorites so far. Lots of counter space for this woman who likes to have her skincare, makeup and haircare items in front of her when getting ready :) They also had complimentary q-tips, showercap, cotton rounds, lotion, soap, etc. There was even a bathrobe hanging up for me to use after taking a shower. I loved the shower and how it had a place for you to sit if you wanted or to help keep my leg stable for shaving instead of balancing it on some slanted rail

For my Americanos who tend to stick to what is familiar, there is a Chilli's across the street, a Wal-Mart down the street and a Starbucks around the corner. However, the breakfast downstairs in the restaurant is very elaborate! Come dressed decent and ready to fork out some cash though.

I stayed at this location for about 2 nights and I would love to be able to stay there again and hopefully feel the same as I did the first time I visited.

Happy Travels to you

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Every detail was over looked...my sheets had black hairs...the coffee pot was missing the attachment that makes the water flow from the reservoir...tub had black mold all around the deck ...had to hold the handle the entire flush time....bathroom floor marble had black mold growing in the grout lines (wear foot coverage) What makes a really nice hotel experience? Answer:...the details...which this hotel has completely missed with housekeeping and maintenance!!! So very disappointing...the Hyatt hotels were at one my preferred hotel...worthy of the financial splurge....I have since changed that paradigm.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main entrance overlook the beautiful pool. The higher the floor the better the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When you drive up to the hotel the service is exceptional. The marble interior looks expensive and luxurious....and then you go to the room....Seriously! In our non-smoking room there were at least 5 cig burns on the disgusting carpet. They would do well to do what most of Mexico does and use tile. True to PHYLee's review the beds were as hard as a board!!!! You have to pay extra for Wifi and breakfast which we didn't need anyway since the only flight to Houston leaves at 7 in the morning and you have to be at the airport early. They told us that since it's a small airport that you only have to be there 35 min before departure. We didn't listen, not wanting to miss our flight and went at 5...good thing because it took us a while to get through the line and immigration at the airport. For the money, I will try the Fiesta Americana next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Klm01
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hyatt Regency was located in central part of town. Overall stay was average, on business so I did not eat at this hotel other than one morning. Used the concierge breakfast which was very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business