“Excellent dining experience”
Review of Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant lives up to the previous positive reviews. Great food, great service and reasonably priced. One good not ask for anything more.

There are newer reviews for Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro

Reviewed February 17, 2013

It is unbelievable but there we ate greek food that was better than many restaurants in Greece. And what can I say about the amazing pizza with salmon? I have not taste such a delicious pizza not even in Italy. In the beggining we thought that the chef is from Greece and we were surpised when we were informed that they never been in Greece or Italy.

Of course it is better to make a reservation before you go in order to have a table outside in the yard. It is no.1 restaurant and it was full when we arrived. Congratulations!

1  Thank ANASTASIAGR
Rojo33, Owner at Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

We here are happy that you had a wonderful experience at Rescoldos! We take pride in preparing and serving the freshest and always delicious Mediterranean cuisine! It was our pleasure meeting you and hope you had a wonderful time in Merida!

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place is just amazing...and the food lovely the desert of this week omg awesome definitive i'll comeback

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Rescoldos based on the high TripAdvisor rating. We arrived and were told there were no tables available outside and that it would be more than an hour wait if we decided not to take a table inside. OK - we could live with that, cuz the food was supposed to be out of this,world, right? The waiter took forever to give our menus. He ignored us and gave menus to a table of four women who came in after us. He then sat a table of two outside. Wow! He brought us our menus, barely looking us on the eye, never smiled. We ordered a bottle of wine, which came to our table quickly. OK. But the big rub was us waiting for 30 minutes without our food order taken AT ALL. And it wasn't like we were tucked away In a corner. We were passed by at least a dozen times with staff taking care of people who came after us. Hmmm. So we left money on the table for our wine and walked out. Incredible.

1  Thank Suzanne V
Rojo33, Owner at Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We here at Rescoldos strive to give our best in service and in dining. We are very sorry that the night you came, you didn't receive that. We were very busy and don't know how you were over looked, a misunderstanding between our wait staff possibly must have had them a bit confused but that is no excuse. As far as the table of two going outside after you were told that there would be atleast an hour wait, they were the table that had a reservation for that time. We are again sorry for the service that you received and wish you had a chance to experience Rescoldos at it best!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Italian food at Rescoldos was impressive. I was speechless at first because I hardly expected to have good, much less outstanding Italian food in Mexico.

A local expat friend brought us there and I liked the courtyard seating we had by the fountain, but when I saw and tasted the food, my inner foodie awakened.

Yum.

My only frustration was finding them to be closed on Sunday and Monday, two days I tried to return for dinner. And it was not the easiest place to walk to.

So, FYI, they are closed on Sunday and Monday, and take a cab there.

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain88