All reviews rita and jan social hour jacuzzi tub perfect hosts every morning every guest quiet street other guests walk in shower helped us plan welcome drink fellow travelers cooking class rental car private terrace stayed two nights every evening
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed there in February and it was perfect! Recommend it! Even if it's about 10-15 minutes walk in the center, we would choose it again because the hotel is in a quiet area, what is really recreative in a city like Mérida. We also loved the city of Mérida!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's a long story, but after making a reservation here, our lives took a very different turn and we weren't able to keep the reservation. Unfortunately, I got so distracted with other things, I forgot all about the reservation and never cancelled it. When we failed to show up as expected, a gentleman named Juan called me. At the time, Merida was the furthest thing from my mind and I couldn't even figure out what he was talking about. I'm afraid I could have been much nicer to him. But the next day, I went through my records, and discovered that he was right. I called back to apologize and to inquire as to whether they might re-rent the room to help us cut our loss. Juan could not have been more gracious and understanding. (I can't help but wonder if I would have handled the matter as well, if I had been he.) And he was far more accomadating than I ever would have anticipated. What a gentleman! This is the kind of person you ALWAYS want to do business with! And, unfortunately, you don't often get the chance. We are hoping to make it to Merida sometime soon, and we will definitely want to stay here. I can't imagine that we could possibly do any better anywhere else. And besides, I'd like to give my business to this fine businessman.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Jan and Rita could not have been more gracious hosts. This is a welcoming, friendly, charming place to stay. The B& B is well situated in a residential part of the city and therefore quiet yet only a 10 - 15 minute walk from the centre of town. Jan has lots of great advice about things to see, tours, restaurants and other attractions. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious changing every morning of our stay. I highly recommend this B & B.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

stayed 4 nights here and only wish we had stayed longer for our stay,
located close to city center and wonderful zoo,
rooms are massive with lovely spa option, and very intimate place with only 3 other rooms and is peaceful location. the owners are lovely couple who tend to every need and is top class service.
thanks so much jan & rita and hope to stay and see you again as we already planning our next visit.

Room tip: choose the spa option.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had always wanted to see Chichen Itza and that happened on my 50th birthday. A delightful surprise was the other-worldly experience of Merida and the homey, refreshing environment of the Hotel Boutique Merida Santiago. It was like an oasis or cenote after the busy sightseeing or city environs, to escape through the portal door to the cool, quiet courtyard. The hotel was masterfully planned and operated - the best tour was an ad hoc day we put together with Jan, who advised visiting the ruin of Mayapan, which features a 30-meter temple to Kulkucan you can climb and we had the entire site to ourselves. We visited the market at Acanceh on a square that features both a Mayan pyramid and a Catholic church. From Mayapan, we learned of an out-of-the-way cenote near Pixyah where we swam in cobalt blue water. We flew into Cancun and made the ADO express bus connection, which was lengthy but comfortable. The breakfasts were wonderful. Many thanks to Jan, Rita, Gio and the staff for a true vacation!

Date of stay: February 2013