“New Owners, New Menu”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Best place
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Cafe La Boheme has been sold to new owners. It is now Pistache Pastisserie & Boulangerie, a cafe with French inspired menu choices like: croissant sandwiches, souflee/omlets, a variety of crepes, quiches, desserts, and general coffee and tea choices. Plus, you can buy pastries and breads to take home.

I have visited the cafe under its new ownership and had several items including the Pistache Crepe where a cleverly folded crepe holds a mixture of ham and mushrooms in a sauce.

Service is attentive. Costs are reasonable for being able to use wifi, sit facing Paseo de Montejo and chat with other guests.

1  Thank Juana G

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

No reviews on this cafe for nearly a year, we have eaten here twice. The creeps are very tasty and great value, cooked to order, you won't be disappointed. My wife's cappuccino was also good. 2 creeps & 2 drinks for 150 pesos is great value.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Really nice food and good coffee!
Don't get confused by it's new name. It's called 'Pistache' now!
A good place for breakfast or if you want good coffee and don't wanna go to Starbucks.. ;)
Free Wifi!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

No one can beat the location of this place. It is right on Paseo Montejo, and very close to whatever is to see in Merida.
Food is really good but coffee is not so great. I've been going to this place for a long time but just recently the quality o it's coffee went down. I hope it goes back to what used to be.
Service: recently, the owner, a very nice American, just decided to hire a waitress that is of little help in keeping the good standing of La Boheme.
However, if you really want to appreciate the beauty of Paseo, you just have to come here and enjoy this place.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for espresso. I told the owner, an American man, to please make them strong. He said no problem. When they arrived we saw that they were weak and looked and tasted like watery ordinary coffee. I politely sent them back with an explanation that we wanted strong black espresso. He said no problem and brought us 2 more. They were slightly stronger but still very weak and tasteless. Anyway we drank them. When I went to pay the owner said I had to pay for 4 espressos! I said but we sent 2 back. He said doesn't matter you must pay for four. Of course I refused and paid for the 2 only. He said so never come back. And believe me I won't and never should anyone else. Very rude man and awful espresso.

3  Thank Larry-Claudia