“Very nice dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Florida
“Very nice dinner”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My daughter and I ate here and very much enjoyed it. The service was inconsistent at times, the waiter would disappear, but the food was good. Be aware though your bill will add up, it was pricey at the end. Would we go back, yes probably but it can get pricey especially with wine added into te mix.

• Visited December 2011

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Food was ok but he tried to rip us off on the bill and got caught...”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The food was good but nothing really special. Service was fine until the bill came. It was a hand written bill. I started adding it up and kept coming up with a different total than him. He noticed me looking at the bill and asked if everything is ok. I said give us a minute. He stood too close and kept eyeing us. After the third time of asking us if everything was ok he gave us a calculator. Sure enough he had overcharged by about 65 pesos. So after all this I said the numbers don't add up. He then informs me that the tip is included. Fine- but why does it not say that on the hand written bill and also why would the tip be 11.2%? Odd number. The whole thing was uncomfortable and obvious. Funny part is we would have left a larger tip. He was just hoping for us to tip on top of the extra 65 pesos he had already put in the bill.
Beware of your bill. Cheers and happy eats.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Vivafood
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food, nice atmosphere, a little pricy”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Had the sopa de lima and the fish ceviche. Both were very good, especially the sopa.

• Visited August 2011
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Almost superb . . . but not quite.”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Food was very good. I had beef kebabs which came w/ guac & refried black beans & tortillas. I added rice because I didn't know what side dishes were included. Pet peeve. This meal was made very unhealthy because everything was seasoned with / fried in lard. The rice was more of a risotto so again super rich--but very delicious. So after the lard feast I figured I'd just order the apple pie! What did I have to lose? It was the best apple pie I've ever had (without nuts). The ice cream that accompanied it was very average but it really didn't matter. Also had white wine. The atmosphere was pleasant but way too warm. Carlos was a great mesero.

• Visited August 2011
Placencia, Belize
“Easy to overlook but some of the best food in Merida”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

It is quite hard to find really good food in Merida, this is our 7th trip - we always stay at El Luz en Yucatan around the corner - and this was our first try out of this place.

From the outside we have always thought it looked just like the many other touristy restuarants in merida, but this time we decided to give it a go. The room is small but the tables are well spaced, there is a small bar. There are some very attractive paintings and the temperature is nice, not too cold.

We had simple dishes, steak in a sherry sauce with fresh peas, carrots and courgettes, and Fettucini Lucia, cream, cheese and mushrooms. Both were delicious and the steak was totally tender. Service was prompt and unobtrusive. If you go there on Thursday night, you can here the live concert from the square across the road.

Having eaten a lot of very average meals in Merida, we have now found our favourite spot and it will take a lot to tear us away. Next visit is October and we will certainly eat there again. Price was medium - well worth it. I feel hungry just writing this!

• Visited July 2011