“Hole in the wall restaurant but good food!”

Pizzeria de Vito Corleone
Ranked #217 of 736 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chennai (Madras), India
“Hole in the wall restaurant but good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Being vegetarians it is so difficult to find food to eat. This place offers excellent veg pizzas and pasta delicious and generous portions for a reasonable price.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank consulramesh

Merida, Mexico
“Nope”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Cute name, good location. I passed it many, many times on my way to Poncho's, Amaro's, La Paranda, etc. So I finally tried it.

A sliced hot dog is their version of "Italian sausage". Never again.

Nuff said?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Larry N
United States
“YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been eyeing this pizzeria for ages - they are always packed in the evenings and their bright-yellow pizza oven has curb appeal. Finally, on this trip, my friends and I got an Italiano-to-go and took it back to our hotel. It was the best pizza I have had in ages and I was tempted to try them out again the next afternoon. Great value, as well!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank FullPassportTeach
Toronto, Canada
“Old and tired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have a special place in my heart for this place. 35 or so years ago, my husband (he was my boyfriend back then) and I found Don Vito's just as he was opening up for the first time - we were probably his all-time 3rd and 4th customers. Marcello (I think that's his name) did all the kneading and chopping, his lovely wife did the baking, and their sweet little boy scampered about cleaning off the tables. The pizza was great then, not unlike a Chicago deep-dish.
We've been back many times since, but unfortunately the quality of the pizza has changed to suit the local market, and there hasn't been a whole lot of investment in upkeep. We took out a very not-so-good pizza for old time's sake last week, but just like I can't go back to being 22 again, I won't be going back for another pizza.

• Visited February 2013
Westchester, NY
“Cockroaches and more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Although tasty, the cracker-like crust, lack of garlic powder, but particularly the scary filth of the place (cockroach on the wall and encrusted food on the spice containers) prompt removal of this joint from any list of recommended pizzas restaurants in Merida.