Gran Real Yucatan
$248
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
$59
$98
Travelocity
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Merida(Merida)(Great Value!)
$65
$77
$108
$84
Travelocity
Hotel Hacienda Inn(Merida)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
All reviewslovely hot showerair conditioningremote controlparking lot isbeautiful hotelhotel restaurantthe main squareeasy walking distanceopen courtyardtown centrecentral courtyardroom was spaciousfirst floorinsulationreceptionistbellhopbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We stayed in this hotel during a tour and the room was ok but not great. The hotel advertises 5 stars but has less in international standards. The room we got was made for really small people, I am only 1,72m and I couldn't even stretch my legs in the bathtup when sitting upright. The whole bathroom was really tiny. The only thing in real size were the beds and man, they were comfortable and I didn't wake up once at night ... like normally. What really sucks is the breakfast, the coffee tastes like brown water, the fruit wasn't fresh etc. I can only recommend booking it without and going to a nearby café instead.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed in a different Hotel and it was moldy so we found this Hotel instead. I was in shock. It is spotless clean, no smell of mold or anything, calm, the receptionist are great and it made the trip a lot better.
For those people complaining up here, I din't get it, Merida is a small town, if you want a 5 start resort with dolphins and turtles go to Hawaii.

This is a good one, trust me.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank tati_ana06
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Gran Real Yucatan hotel is located just a couple of blocks from the main square in the historical center of Merida. It provides free parking. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was quite big, very clean and beautiful. We only stayed there for one night but the overall impression is very good. And all that for $87 only.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My husband and I arrived in an evening and the service was excellent from the start, the people working there were wonderful. We chose to stay in this hotel because of its location and that it was an old historical feel. The hotel was empty when we arrived during US Thanksgiving holiday. There were only handful of people there so the place was very private. The hotel has lots of character- a perfect mixture of old and new that we both enjoyed greatly! The service was also great! The front desk was extremely accommodating to us during the 4 day stay. They set up a day trips and gave good restaurants recommendations. Also, the hotel room was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I read the comments below before booking this hotel. In the end, decided to ignore the bad reviews and go for the good ones... mistake!

Definitely a not a 5* star hotel (apart from their prices!) 3* at the most in terms of installations. 1* in terms of customer service. Simply not value for money.

The service started at arrival when I asked the guy at reception if he had a rubbish bin as I wanted to dispose some pieces of paper. The guys responds that he has not and advices to walk back to the main entrance where I could find a bin. All this is fine, if it wasn't for the fact that right next to him there was a bin (which he acknowledged after I made a comment about his bad attitude)!

During our stay we had to call everyday for extra towels (they put just 2 in a room for 4), which they take ages to deliver. Ice is almost impossible to get out of this people (was it not supposed to be a 5* hotel?)

In the end, after returning the remote controls (tv and A/C which they make you sign another voucher for), they wanted to make me pay for a towel (which I should've mentioned, are very old) which was on the floor and apparently had shampoo spilled over (just bloody wash it!)

In the end, nice hotel, but awful service. Too expensive for what it is. Made me miss the smaller 3* hotel we stayed the previous nights in Playa del Carmen which had real 5* customer service...

---

Mala option - hotel de 3* a lo mucho, con service de 1*

Por lo que cobran no vale la pena.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family