“Terrible food, terrible service from the administration”

Cafe Peon Contreras
Ranked #511 of 777 Restaurants in Merida
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
“Terrible food, terrible service from the administration”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

People from Merida is very nice, kind and friendly but this place is totally the opposite.

The restaurant was a couple of meters away from our hotel, it wasn't full reason why we chose it.

The prices were very high for Merida and the quality of the food very poor, a total disappointment.

Our waiter was very nice, we asked to provide separate bills plus one invoice and he agreed, the problem was with the lady at the cashier, our bill took a round 20 minutes when I went to ask why our bill and invoice was taking so long, the lady was incredible rude and began to scream me and teaching basic accountancy, I requested to talk with the manager and it was even worst, the manager was as rude as the cashier.

If you want to have a lovely dinner and nice environment, please do not go to this place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BCG84

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience and Flavour”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Before or after a concert, this is the place to sit and relax, with a cofee or a Bandera (tequila with lemon and salsa). Snacks were delicious too.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lori S
Playa del Carmen
“good and cheap”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Right downtown...if you want inexpensive and good basic food, this can't be beat...open all the time, great spot for any meal anytime...never disappointed.

Visited August 2012
London
“Slightly annoying musician, average food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We did try and sit there a number of times, beacuse it is right next to the Peon Contreras theatre in the very centre of town, has live music and you can watch the world go by. However, the margaritas were good one time, awful the next (made with some instant syrup rubbish instead of lime juice and cheap tequila), the food was nothing to write home about, and they have a singer who is in love with his own voice (undeservedly), whose piercing tones and boring choice of music made it annoying to stay there. The bathrooms were also not very clean when we went there, and all in all it was disappointing.

Visited February 2012
Toronto
“Top of my List of Places to Avoid”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have been to Merida several times and I'm always on the lookout for new things to do and good places to eat. Sadly, this is not one of them. The location is about the only positive thing I can say about the place. The food is terrible. I mean really, really bad...probably the worst I've ever had in Mexico. The service is bland and kind of unfriendly, and the prices are outrageous. I am compiling a list of restaurants that I will never return to, and this place is at the top. With so many wonderful places to eat in Merida and surrounding area, I can't understand how this cafe manages to stay open. Awful!

• Visited February 2012