This is our second trip to a Palace resort. Our first was to the Cozumel Palace. This experience was much the same, with some slight improvements.
We decided at the last minute to book this trip (last minute for the week after Christmas being in August), so we had few options. Having had a decent past experience with the Cozumel Palace, we decided to go with the Isla Mujeres Palace.
The hotel itself is pretty- nice and small, kept immaculately clean. The staff is incredibly friendly, although many do have a lot of difficulty with English. While this resort is in Mexico, the vast majority of its patrons are Americans, so this is a bit surprising. Regardless, every Palace employee we encountered was very nice and eager to help.
The rooms are a bit nicer than the Cozumel Palace, and a bit less pre-fab in appearance. I really liked the layout of the room, and it is a fairly large room with a sizable balcony.
The food is much better here than at Cozumel Palace overall. The lunch buffet is passable- I'd recommend the chicken tacos. Most of the rest of the food is a bit, er...mysterious in origin and often VERY greasy. The dinner selections, however, were quite good for the most part. The only real disappointment in the desserts- they were, to say the least, strange.
Now, the negatives.
The beach is pretty crappy. Major seaweed issues. Rocky beach entrance. The water is mostly clear, but the beach leaves much to be desired. We traveled to the much prettier, but ridiculously crowded, North Beach as well. It was nice, but overrun with people.
The rooms were cleaned with great frequency. Twice a day minimum. Plenty of decent towels, bed neatly made etc. But they do not sweep the rooms, which is not good at the beach. The floor was constantly sandy and dirty. Gross.
THE NOISE! OMG THE NOISE. It is loud in the resort from sun up to sun down. The cleaning crew makes a ridiculous amount of noise in the mornings, and you can hear everything your neighbor is doing. You can eavesdrop on their conversations. And the Pirate Nightmare Disaster that goes on next door every night makes the place unbearable until 11 pm or so. For this alone, we will never come back.
It is true what everyone says about the daily arrivals from Cancun. They are noisy, take up all of the space, and just generally run around acting crazy. They take what would be a nice peaceful resort and turn in to, well...Cancun.
Overall, a decent value for the money, but the noise issues make the place overall not worth returning to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres