“Beautiful resort and wonder staff.”

Isla Mujeres Palace
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Tipton, Michigan
“Beautiful resort and wonder staff.”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family (17 of us) met there for my daughters wedding. The staff did a wonderful job and she was so relaxed. I would especially like to thank the following staff: Jose, Roxana, Hector, Jesus they were wonderful and clearly enjoy their job. I am only mentioning a few names but all who we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. Again, it was an awesome vacation and the resort is beautiful. Also, the food was amazing. I would recommend this as a vacation spot!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank gwen l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Hebrew first
Tecumseh, Michigan
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We choose this resort to have our wedding on the beach like we always dreamed. It turned out to be better then we ever could have expected. From the day we arrived we were greeted with great service by ULISES, he showed us around the resort and informed us what to expect in the coming days. (meeting with the wedding planner and etc.) We meet with our onsite wedding planner REBECA the following day where she went over everything having to do with the wedding in extreme detail which was awesome and made us have no worries.. DANIEL the general manager of the resort introduced himself and offered his services, if we needed anything just to let him know during our stay. This meant a lot to us and now we could just sit back and relax with no worries as we waited for our family to arrive later in the week..

Every morning the hostess was always nice to see in the morning as was always polite and smiling.. (forgot her name) As our family arrived they accommodated us by setting up tables for all of us to sit together, which was not an easy task. (being 17 of us) We had wonderful food and service every morning for breakfast.. The wait staff of HECTOR and BENITO were always a treat to see in the morning. They always went above and beyond for us.

DIEGO was always taking care of us at the pool bar with all that we needed. Occasionally it was hard to get a drink by the pool or the beach but wasn't a real big deal.

CHRISTIAN did a fabulous job, he made our romantic dinner one that we will never forget. I really appreciate it.

The dinner crew was always superb. JORGE was always there asking if we needed anything and always make us smile. They all did an exceptional job waiting on the 17 of us. ARTURO and PEDRO rocked it out. They did awesome job and made us laugh while doing it.

DARIO was the best bartender hands down. (no offense to anyone) He was very personable and this guy knew how to make some drinks, fast too. He was a nice guy and we enjoyed sitting at the bar talking with him..

JESUS the lifeguard was an awesome guy he helped us with the paddle boat and kayaks. He was there for any of our needs on the beach. He also did a great job prepping the beach and removing the buoys for our wedding ceremony. (I thank you for that my friend)

JOSE is the man, he was just so helpful with everything. He made us feel right at home and so comfortable. He does it all, entertainment, turtle farm tour, assisted us with dinner reservations and so on.. I just cant say enough about him and his services to me and my family. He is a great asset to Palace Resorts and would be one of the reasons we would return for a second visit. JOSE thank you friend for everything!

For everyone i missed thank you for the great services.(I am horrible with remembering names)
I was pleased with exceptional service by all the staff..

The wedding ceremony was fantastic I would like to thank all the staff for making it Perfect for my wife and I. Thank You Palace Staff!

Almost forgot.. CHEF RAMON food was great. You and and your staff pay a lot of attention to detail and it shows.. Thank You.. I am missing you great cuisine already..

Room Tip: Try a little bit of everything...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle L
Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you are looking for a smallish hotel that is well maintained, well run, low key and with a superb staff then IMP may be the place for you. My husband and I just returned from two weeks there. Originally we were going to switch to another hotel for the second week but we so happy and relaxed where we were that we couldn't see any point in moving. There is only one restaurant but there are both Mexican and Italian menus plus a special each day. The staff adds variety by changing locales at times. For example, tables are moved by the pool one night and dinner is followed by an aquatic show. As I have Celiac Disease and am lactose intolerant I truly appreciated the efforts that Chef Ramon and his crew took to ensure that my diet was followed. Special thanks to Ramon, Juan Luis, Pedro, Daniel, Juan, Benito, Ariana, Hector and others whose names I can't remember. Thanks, too, to Jose for entertainment and the great bar staff. The yacht staff was also very professional and helpful. Thanks as well to housekeeping for a job well done. Great management!

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to get an ocean view but it may not be every one's cup of tea if they are n...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carolyn B
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a small, pretty little resort. The initial yacht ride from Cancun to Isla Mujeres is great and gives you a wonderful "vacation has started" vibe (especially after navigator the airport!). For only having one restaurant, they really try to add variety by offering two menus each night and rotating the menus frequently. The breakfast and lunch buffets were plentiful and also offered variety. The service in the dining room was always very good. The staff was pleasant and quick to help carry your plate to the table or refill your drinks. Overall, the staff really seemed to want to make your stay great - I think there just weren't enough staff members, and they each had multiple jobs. The activities staff was very nice and helpful, even personally taking me and my husband to the nearby Women’s beading co-op and to the Turtle Farm.

One of the primary drawbacks was the lack of service at the pool, and sometimes even at the bar. We are pretty laid-back vacationers and often spend hours just sitting and reading by the pool. Not that we couldn't get up and get our own drinks, which we did regularly, but it would have been really nice to have one staff member dedicated to serving drinks at the pool and on the beach. Instead, what they had were a couple frazzled bartenders trying to make a round whenever they caught a break, which wasn't often.

The quiet atmosphere around the pool was great for us. There was no fighting for a chair or getting up at 7:00 a.m. to put your towel on a seat to claim it. The beach area is right next door to a party boat dock with its own bar/beach. Yes, it can get loud. There was one night in particular where the music was definitely thumping and kept us up a bit. Only one night for us though, so given some of the reviews, I thought we got lucky.

I’m torn about whether to go back. Because the resort was small, you ran into the same people over and over and started to get to know them. We shared dinner with several couple throughout the week and it was nice that everyone was so friendly. The lack of crowds and fighting for a seat was a huge bonus for us. The downside was the lapses in service and that the resort itself is a little older and starting to show some wear and tear not representative of some of the other Palace Resorts.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that overlook the driveway entrance. Luckily we didn't get one, but I woul...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Daphne M
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We loved the location of it. It's on the opposite side of the busy North end beaches. Therefore it's peaceful and relaxing. Great rooms, spacious and clean! All was great but I think for the price that they charge they luck in variety of food. We were there for 3 nights so that was not bothering me so much but if I stayed there for a week I would certainly be bored with the food options. I also wish they offered yoga sessions... There is perfect space for it up under the roof! and there were many other people who were interested in yoga as well. maybe something they consider in the future... but it does not effected my rating...

Room Tip: Facing the pool but in the corner... more private... Ask them to show you the room before you decide...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dorota J
Vestal, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have been Palace members for eight years and have always enjoyed our vacations. This Spring we spent 16days at our favorite Palace Resort, Isla Mujeres. If you want a special place this is it!! The entire staff is there to make your stay as wonderful as can be. The new chef is fantastic and the wait staff is incredible.... don't forget to end dinner with Mayan coffee. If you have heard about the evening music next door, it's load, but they stop pretty early and you can't hear it if you are not in the very front rooms. Take time to see the town and swim at the North Beach. I hope that you can enjoy this little piece of PARADISE as much as we do. M.E.Houle N.Y.

Room Tip: OVERLOOKING the pool is great you are facing the ocean and you can't hear the music from next do...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary Ellen H
Galena, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Isla Mujeres Palace over Spring Break. In the interest of full disclosure, we are Palace Diamond members. We cannot say enough good things about our experience, this being our first visit there. (Previously, we have been to Xpu Ha [when it was Palace], Moon Palace, Beach Palace, Playacar Palace, Valarta Palace [before Hard Rock], and Cozumel Palace.) The decision to stay at Isla Mujeres this year was a great decision since we are nearly 60 years of age and were looking for total relaxation, genuine personal service, and quiet. This is certainly not a party destination if one is looking for loud music, boisterous behavior and college-level Spring Break mentality. However, if you are seeking a private location and a staff who TOTALLY devotes themselves to you, this resort deserves your consideration. We have invested considerable money with Palace as Diamond members over the years, and we continue to consider our investment a worthy one. We have already decided to spend Spring Break next year at Isla Mujeres, whose employees make the experience! Wine list is limited, and there is only one full service restaurant on site, but the chef will gladly prepare food to your exact liking, and everything we had was outstanding!

Room Tip: Room selection really depends on what you are looking for. Some rooms overlook the pool and provide...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
#13 of 180 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,777 reviews
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets The Vine Cancun

Been to Isla Mujeres Palace? Share your experiences!