“Excellent Staff & Service!”

Isla Mujeres Palace
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were recently at the Isla Mujeres Palace for our honey moon. After having spent a little over a week at the Moon Palace in Cancun for our wedding (also a great resort) we went to isla Mujeres for a more quiet time.
From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel the service and the people were fantastic. The hotel is small with only 62 rooms. At the time we were there, there must have been no more than 40 people staying at the resort which is exactly what we needed.
The staff was AWESOME! From the time we stepped foot in the beach Arturo our waiter was great. He made sure we always had fresh drinks and he remembered what we were drinking. He also made sure to bring us water. Christian also our server at the beach was great. When Arturo was not htere he made sure we always had drinks and was also nice enough to bring us snacks to our chairs.
Jose in charge of the acitivities helped us with the water sports and he also took the time to talk to us about the island and explain to us where the name originated from. He also showed us the sea urchins and jelly fish. He even took out the urchins and explained to us the different types and what to do if we stepped in one and let us hold one.
I had run out fo dental floss and the hotel shop did not sell it, so Roxana from the front desk offered to get it for me at a store outside. The next morning I had my floss!
Dario at the bar was so nice to talk to. He took the time to show me the wine lists and offered his advice on what to get. I took his recommendation for a Mexican wine that turned out to be really good he even took the time to go out back and look for some wines that were not even on the list. He was happy to do his job and did it very well.
Juan Carlos our waiter for our dinners was great. He was quick to get to our table and make sure we had water and drinks. The service was fast made good recommendations on the menus.
I wish I could remember everyones names because everyone was nos nice and hospitable. They made you feel like you were the only person in the resort, the always addressed you by your name and made you feel comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carolina M

Reviewed October 23, 2013

So hard to fully describe this wonderful, quaint resort. My wife and I had an awesome experience, from the pickup from the marina in a private yacht, to the staff celebrating her birthday with us!! The service is outstanding, with everyone knowing our names and treating us with special personalized accommodations. We travel quite a bit and stay away from "hotel" service...but this resort felt like a home away from home with great food, entertainment, scenery and overall ambience. We visited Cancun, but couldn't wait to get back to this Island resort. Special shout outs to: Jose, Ulisses and especially Roxanna at the front desk, Wilma, Jose Luis, Christian Ruperto and Ariana in customer support, and Jose in Events/Entertainment. However, the entire staff including kitchen and maid service was exceptional and top quality. We will make this resort our preferred destination in this part of the world. Make sure to know exchange rates for currency, and carry lots of mosquito repellent ;-). The resort credits came in handy, and saved us quite a bit in expenses for external activities. All inclusive was really "all inclusive". No children, and fewer guests at this time of year made for a perfect week.

Room Tip: Pool side is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dwayne M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This resort was chosen through RCI, and it was chosen because: 1. We were looking at Mexico to stay out of Hurricane locations, 2. it was available, 3. the reviews said they were very good, 4. it had a spa

This place IS GOOD. You have to just know a few things about this place first.. But disclaimer. If you are 25-35? it might be lame... as in quiet. We went there for our honeymoon so it was very relaxing. Let me just break it down from the beginning...

We booked this through RCI, as an exchange on a timeshare. We had to pay about $2k in all inclusive fee. With that, we got free transportation from airport to the resort and back. We also got a free 1500 points in rewards to the resort, which I will explain later.

The transportation was sublet out, but it was good, we waited at the airport for about 10 mins as they guys there got our van all filled up. The van dropped us off at a marina where we were met by a private boat - a sick 48 foot boat. It took us directly to the Island - to the resort. We were greeted with cold towels and awesome drinks... check in was a breeze. We found out about the reward points. Basically we had 1500 dollars to use in a crap load of activities and stuff offered by the resort, including:

- Glass bottom boat tour
- national park tour
- snorkeling
- scuba 1st timers or certified
- special dinners
- 300 points towards the spa use
- swimming with dolphins

probably others as well... all we had to pay was 11% tax on whatever the cost was... 1500 x 11% is 165 USD.

The room was nice, plenty of room, no issues at all, there are only a few (like 4) ocean views. the shower door however always got the bathroom soaked..

the grounds were well kept, nice pool, small but nice beach, nice bars and lounge and nice buffet/eating restaurant.

The all-inclusive obviously got you all the food at meals, and all the drinks... but it also got you a stocked fridge of soda/drinks/beer and a bunch of bottles of liqueur of your choice, which they refill. It also got you free room service, anytime, free snack bar meals, so you basically could get food anytime you wanted. It also got you free wifi and free calling to the US... pretty sweet.

The food was good, def not bad and there was a few different menus for dinner.

The wristband you get allows you to travel to any of the other palace resorts in the cancun area, which I will talk about soon..

So the disclaimer. This resort is on an island. its about a 20 min ferry ride from cancun. Its quiet, there is a small downtown on the island but otherwise the resort is VERY quiet. If you get there with the right people, it can be fun, but otherwise, its quiet. The event coordinator was GREAT, Jose. However it was the guests who at times did not want to do anything, but he was ALWAYS talking to guests giving them ideas for fun. He took us to some local educational spots and was very knowledgeable. The island has some good views, You can go into town and rent a golf cart at about 45 bucks a day (on a CC with exchange). its worth it though if you want to ride around and check out the north beach.

We did 1 day go to the main cancun area to check out the BEACH PALACE. It was much different, way more people, kids, more like a hotel, but the amentities were just more and... I guess better? We played soccer and volleyball, the beach was obviously bigger, and its just because there is just more people. We ate at the oriental restaurant there, it was REALLY good. Probably the best meal I had all week.

The cost to get to cancun from Isla Mejures and back is about... 50 bucks round trip for 2... 38 for the ferry and another 10 or 20 for cabs to the ferry spots/hotels

So, if you are younger and want more action, you might not be ready for the island palace... but if you want tranquil, quiet and great all-around. its def good. Mention you are on your honeymoon and get hooked up with free stuff

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mgag1209
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time here. The location was beautiful and not crowded or loud. The only changes I would have made would to not do the romantic dinner (delicious, but too similar to regular dinners to be worth the 300 credits) and to verify the return transportation in advance (we were forced to pay for taxi to airport because we didnt confirm, rookie travel mistake!) Otherwise we wish we would have had more time to relax and see more of the lovely island!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank cferrers
IMPWGR, Gerente at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear cferrers:

On behalf of Isla Mujeres Palace Staff and Management, I thank you for taking the time to send your comments about our Resort on TripAdvisor. It is always much appreciated when our guests take the time to let us know that we were able to fulfill their expectations. That helps us to evaluate how we are doing in terms of service and facilities, being a feedback that makes us to continue on our best efforts. Your comments about the romantic dinner also will be shared with the Executive Chef and the Food & beverage department to make them more attractive even the fact that we think its location (on the beach near the sea with torches) and special menu totally different that we have on the Azul Restaurant make the difference. Thank you again for your preference in Palace Resorts and we hope that you continue giving us the opportunity to host you at Isla Mujeres Palace.

Respectfully,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The palace resort on Isla Mujeres is an amazing destination. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The accomidationis are top notch. I recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for an intimate getaway on a sleepy little island. I could not think of a better place to spend my vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first experience in an all-inclusive resort and I really didn't know what to expect. What I found was a wonderfully solicitous staff in a hotel with many amenities.

The food was very good and served by helpful and friendly staff who learned my many food allergies and cheerfully steered me to the things I could eat. (Often making something special if the buffet didn't serve.) Rosa often helped me with my Spanish and we had a good laugh at some of my gaffs.

I had a hot stone massage with Alexandra which was wonderfully relaxing and professionally done. And later in the week a wholistic massage with Monica which my body really appreciated since I had been diving most of the week. Isaac, the on-site dive master, was great fun and very enthusiastic about the local reef dives and the beautiful MUSA (Museo Subacuático de Arte) which he took us to see.

This is a couples resort and there were many interesting couples in residence from young honeymooners to world travelers in their autumn years. Everyone was friendly and we often hung out chatting in the pool's swim up bar or joined into larger parties for dinner. There were often evening events such as karaoke night, a night with WII games and, I believe a dancing night (that I was too tired to take advantage of).

I loved the boutique hotel feel of this small resort and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rowan F
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed in many resorts that had a great facility but the staff at the Isla Palace make it a stay without comparison! Not just a few but every single member goes above and beyond to make your stay the best it could possibly be. Your name is remembered from day one and you are acknowledged by all at every occasion.

• Stayed: September 2013