We were recently at the Isla Mujeres Palace for our honey moon. After having spent a little over a week at the Moon Palace in Cancun for our wedding (also a great resort) we went to isla Mujeres for a more quiet time.
From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel the service and the people were fantastic. The hotel is small with only 62 rooms. At the time we were there, there must have been no more than 40 people staying at the resort which is exactly what we needed.
The staff was AWESOME! From the time we stepped foot in the beach Arturo our waiter was great. He made sure we always had fresh drinks and he remembered what we were drinking. He also made sure to bring us water. Christian also our server at the beach was great. When Arturo was not htere he made sure we always had drinks and was also nice enough to bring us snacks to our chairs.
Jose in charge of the acitivities helped us with the water sports and he also took the time to talk to us about the island and explain to us where the name originated from. He also showed us the sea urchins and jelly fish. He even took out the urchins and explained to us the different types and what to do if we stepped in one and let us hold one.
I had run out fo dental floss and the hotel shop did not sell it, so Roxana from the front desk offered to get it for me at a store outside. The next morning I had my floss!
Dario at the bar was so nice to talk to. He took the time to show me the wine lists and offered his advice on what to get. I took his recommendation for a Mexican wine that turned out to be really good he even took the time to go out back and look for some wines that were not even on the list. He was happy to do his job and did it very well.
Juan Carlos our waiter for our dinners was great. He was quick to get to our table and make sure we had water and drinks. The service was fast made good recommendations on the menus.
I wish I could remember everyones names because everyone was nos nice and hospitable. They made you feel like you were the only person in the resort, the always addressed you by your name and made you feel comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres