“Surprised there weren't more people there”

Isla Mujeres Palace
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent customer service. You will never lift a finger there. If you want to be spoiled and need a break, head to Isla Mujeres Palace. One of the hostesses in the restaurant even remembered by name. Great L'Occitane toiletries. All you can eat, drink and non-motorized water activities including kayaks. Great breakfast and lunch buffet and dinner is a la carte. We had petit fours delivered to our room each day.

6  Thank Malena0909
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel located far from the center but the island is very small any way. Amazing room. Great service, all the workers are very nice and smiling all the time. Very nice food. Only couples, very quiet. Nice pool and beatch. Totally reccomend!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank IdoMarko
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My partner and I went with some friends to the Palace Resort for 5 days....we could not have asked for a better place to stay...the staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, and eager to accommodate your needs! By the time we left there, I was hugging them and felt like I was leaving a new lil family!
The rooms are very luxurious, the best of everything you could ask for....Jacuzzi tub, actual name brand shampoos, lotions, dryers and curlers! stocked liquor cabinet with readily available Vodka, Tequila, Whiskey and Rum along with some beer, tonic water, and other carbonated drinks for mixing!
They have an excellent activities director, cute as a ladybug with a great personality to get volleyball tourneys going, bingo, fire shows, discos etc.....
Right away you notice there are no kids around! Lol, we love our kids, but we didn't want to be on vacation with kids! So that was very very nice....
Beaches were absolutely gorgeous! All types of places to lay around, either mattress looking type beds with hutches, or layout chairs with hutches....the waiters will even come out there and offer you a delicious pineapple popsicle which is so refreshing...
I really just can't say enough good about the people, the cleanliness, the beauty and tranquility of the place.....(however, there is a place next door that is open to large amounts of people that come from either Cozumel or Cancun...that does play really loud music (party time type) that may affect your relaxation on the beach as the sun is going down....but it wouldn't keep me from going there again!)
I LOVE YOU GUYS at the PALACE RESORT in Isla Muheres!!! Mwuah!

Room Tip: We had pool view room #120...but big palm trees blocked our view actually...(should I even complain...
5  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the Isla Mujeres Palace. It is a small resort with approximately 60 rooms. The resort was clean, food was excellent and the staff is unbelievable. This is an adult only resort and the night life is limited although the .lounge area was open until guests left. The Island is also very nice, safe and you get a real flavor of the Mexican Culture. I would recommend this resort if you are looking for somewhere with little to do and all day to do it. We also left Isla Mujeres and were able to transfer to one of their other resorts in Cancun. We went to the Sun palace which was also adult only but a bit larger. The transfer was without a hitch. Cancun is much busier than the island but we did not do any of the nightlife. The staff at the Sun Palace was equally as nice as the previous resort. I would recommend both resorts for an adult only vacation and any Palace resort for a wonderful place to stay.

3  Thank k9docs
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I took a 5 day trip to Isla Mujeres Palace on June 25, 2013.
Overall I would give the Hotel 3 Stars.

Pros:
-Very Nice Rooms. The rooms were well appointed and functional. AC blew very cold. Jacuzzi was a nice treat.
-Food Quality. For an all-inclusive, the food was quite good. Room service was prompt.
-Quaint Hotel. Only 60+ rooms. Very low occupancy.
-Staff. The staff for the most part was very friendly and eager to help.

Cons:
-The Beach. Unfortunately the Beach Front was really not very picturesque. The hotel only has about 300' Linear Feet of beach and it is covered in seaweed. If you want to go out in the water, be prepared for a view of seaweed and little else. Also, 5 mins after sunset the beach fleas come out by the hundreds. Bring OFF.
-Minimal Menu. Every night there were 2 choices for dinner: Italian or Mexican. This was ok since we were there for only 4 nights, but if I were staying longer, I would have gotten burned out on the same stuff each night.
-Beach Clubs next door. This was just awful. Truly was unacceptable. I have stayed at numerous Adult Only hotels throughout the Caribbean/Mexico, and I have never had more noise and annoying music to deal with. On both sides of the small resort are Beach Clubs that appear to cater primarily to Mexican tourists. They play music at a mind numbing level and are talking on speakers in Spanish practically from 9:30am till 9:30pm at night. There are brief breaks in the action, but this truly ruined the resort for my wife and I and will keep us from ever coming back. If this were to change, I would have felt completely different about Isla Mujeres Palace.

Room Tip: Go checkout North Beach! It is beautiful!!!
4  Thank Captain-T-Bone
IMPWGR, Gerente at Isla Mujeres Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Captain-T-Bone:

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive to provide our guests with top-notch service and amenities as expressed by so many in previous reviews but, when you feel that we did not meet your completely expectations, it is important for us to know. We will take your feedback into consideration and evaluate the areas you mentioned need improvement hoping you give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this palace from June 24 to July 1. It's the perfect place to relax. The staff were super nice and helpful. The food was amazing and we never left the table unsatisfied. The service was amazing from the time we got there till we left. Eddie at the pool bar makes great drinks as this is where we stayed much of the time. The activities lady Karen was great as well. We did the casino night, wii and salsa lesons. Not a big hotel so we ran into the same people all week and made many new friends. Only complaint is the restrurant is outdoors or open air and made breakfast time hot but by dinner it was pleasant. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Use the credits to upgrade room to ocean view.
2  Thank Justin C
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First time staying at this property. We have stayed at four other Palace Resorts (Vallarta, Moon, Adventura Spa, and Moon Punta Cana), as we are members.

This place is all about relaxation. The resort is quiet and very clean. The rooms are comfortable and we slept very well.

There are not a lot of activities and not much at night either, but if you are looking for somewhere to chill and reconnect with your significant other this is the place. That would pretty much go for the island too. There are no real nightclubs. There are bars and restaurants, but at night not much going on. If you want that, you need to stay in Cancun. What this island does have is a peaceful, easy-going, very safe feeling.

The resort is small so you can get around very quick. Has a lovely sandy beach that gets pretty sunsets in the evening. The water is very shallow, however I enjoyed floating in it. There are sea plants so you may want to wear water shoes. There was nothing better than laying under the palapa and relaxing with the breezes or floating in the ocean.

Everyone is super friendly and if you ask for something they will do their best to get it for you. You will get a chance to meet other couples/groups as there is only one pool, but there are always plenty of lounge chairs on beach and pool area. They do play music at the pool throughout the day, so most people congregate there.

See the Fire Show at night -it was awesome and for me the highlight of ANY show I have seen at ANY Palace Resort

I will definitely go back as I fell in love with Isla Mujeres. The only improvement would be if they added dancing/music to one of the bar areas for the guests and if they provided cart rental services onsite.

I thoroughly enjoyed this resort and felt truly relaxed at the end of my vacation.

4  Thank Bcoupe