I visited Isla Mujeres Palace last week for my honeymoon. It was everything I expected and more. The facilities are very clean - you constantly see employees of the resort cleaning everywhere. From the moment you arrive you are greeted with welcoming staff. The front desk staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The wait staff in the restaurant were all very friendly and helpful - They rarely let you bring your own plate of food to your table! The food was as expected - not 5 stars but we were very happy with it. There is a huge selection at the restaurant and there are new items added everyday. The bartenders were very nice. This place is very quiet and relaxing. There are only about 60 rooms. When we went there were probably only about 40-50 people staying at the resort. We enjoyed the small town feel of the place becuase you got to know other guests and you never ever had to deal with standing in a line or waiting on other people. It was also nice that it was couples only - no kids. The rooms are great, very modern, comfortable and equipped with everything you need (shampoo/conditioner, hair dryer, alcohol, soft drinks, etc.) We chose not to upgrade our room becuase we were not in it very much - we were still pleased with our view of the island, very beautiful!
The $1,500 resort credits were awesome. You only have to pay the tax, so even if you use them all your looking at around $150. We did the dolphin adventure, the boat ride around the island, went to Garaffon park (zip lining costs extra btw), had the romantic beach dinner and did the couples massage. You can also purchase upgraded wine with the credits, so we did that a couple of nights.
The island of Isla Mujeres was great. I felt very safe the entire time. You have to rent a golf cart at least one day and drive around the island. There are beautiful sites to see and friendly people to meet.
We loved our stay at the Isla Mujeres Palace. It's definitely a place to go if you want to relax and not party. We hope to go back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres