We chose the Isla Mujeres Palace because we were looking for something a little more laid back and quiet. We were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we felt like the most important people staying in their resort.
The pool was awesome, although a little chilly. The pool at this resort is not heated. However, Dario was always there with cocktails and good conversation, so the temperature of the pool made no difference to us. Thanks Dario!!!
The beds are very comfortable but on the soft side. Plenty of pillows and the bedding was luxerious.
The restaurant had excellent food. I truly appreciated Paulo and the entire restaurant staff as they were constantly going above and beyond for us. If there is something you want that is not on the menu, just ask and they will be very happy to make it for you. Thank you Paulo!!
There is plenty of shopping on the island and things to see. We rented a golf cart for the entire week which I would strongly recommend that you only rent it for what you need it for. We wasted a lot of money because there were days that we just stayed by the pool all day and didn't even use it. However, it is nice to have so you can come and go when you feel like it instead of taking taxi's.
The entertainment was awesome thanks to Leo!!! He goes out of his way to help people have fun and laugh. You rock Leo!!!
The entire front desk staff, I apologize that I do not remember everyone's name, went above and beyond just to greet you in the morning. Whatever we needed they stepped up to the plate to assist us, even when it wasn't really something they needed to handle. Kudos to all of you!!
Every single person at this resort went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be but one individual stands out for making us feel secure and sharing the culture with us. Josefar is at the security gate and was awesome to talk with. We made a true friend with him. Thank you so very much Josefar!!!
Daniel, the General Manager is running a first class establishment. He has the respect from the staff as well as the guests. Thank you Daniel!!
This may sound like a letter thanking the staff at the resort individually but once you try this resort you will feel exactly as I do about it. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, went above and beyond to make us feel like royalty. Thank you all very much for that!!!
With every good, there must come some bad, so here it is:
The transportation that was provided to us by the resort was less than sub-par. It took us almost 4 hours from the time we touched down in Cancun to finally get to the hotel. We were forced to sit at the airport for over an hour because they were not organized even though they knew months in advance when we were arriving. This is truly a small complaint because once we got to the resort that part no longer mattered. But I felt it important enough to share so something can be done with the company that is handling the transportation for the Palace Resorts.
Recommendation: Request an ocean view room that does not face the party boat that comes in daily. Although the "noise level" was acceptable given the proximaty, you may hear it less if you are facing the other direction.
I highly recommend this hotel and hope that anyone that reads this review will give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres