“best meal on Isla Mujeres”
Review of Olivia

Olivia
Ranked #12 of 231 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Very romantic spot with outdoor dining in the garden under candlelight. Food and service was excellent. We shared the Sheppard's salad and focacia, both very good. My wife had the Spanacopita which she liked. I had the fish special and it was excellent. ad to try dessert. Their signature homemade cherry ice cream was very yummy and not to be missed. Since the Spanacopita had such nice phylo had to try the baklava and it did not disappoint. We would return w/out hesitation. Oh, the cost was under $150 US for dinner (appetizers, main, desert) with bottle of wine. Great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We recently dined at Olivia and enjoyed the relaxing garden ambiance and the excellent Greek food they prepared. The bread and tzatziki appetizer was outstanding as were our entrees. This is one of our favorite dining spots in IM. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Oh my gosh, the food here was so good. I had the mixed plate which included one skewer of chicken (shliska) and one skewer of beef (kafta). The beef was so incredibly delicious! Next time I would get two kaftas (not to say anything was wrong with the chicken, it was just that the beef was sooooo good). The plate was served with cabbage salad (too tart for me, but good), hummus (great), and soft tortillas (they called it "bread"). After dinner I ordered a chai latte. It was lukewarm so I sent it back. I came back much hotter, but they had poured it into a glass and it was too hot to hold. It wasn't my favorite chai. But the dinner, AWESOME!

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We visited this restaurant on our recent trip to the island for a fishing trip. The setting is unequaled, and the food was simply outstanding. The Israeli couple who own the restaurant, have paid close attention to every detail and the staff make the dining experience a memorable one. Great variety make this a spot that you can visit again and again! Make sure you make a reservation, the place was packed when we tried to walk in on a Saturday night. This is a can't miss!!! Oh, by the way, great value as well

Reviewed January 26, 2011

The food was very good but overpriced for what you got. Service was good and the atmosphere enchanting. Wines are overpriced.