“Fine class - beautiful surroundings”
Review of Olivia

Olivia
Ranked #6 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Fine class - beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Olivia is a must to visit if you want to share a lovely evening together or with friends. Try the garden area as this is atmospheric and a lovely ambience. The menu and wines are excellent - we opted for moussaka and it was deliciously light and the best tasting moussaka we have eaten! The wine, although a little on the expensive side, was also lovely, complimenting the lovely food. A special restaurant for a special evening. We saved this venue for our last night and it was most fitting. No hustle and bustle of the restaurants around - just quiet, atmospheric and a very very good alternative.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Minnesota, USA
“Got my Moroccan Fish Fix!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've loved this restaurant since they opened. The Moroccan Fish is one of my favorite meals on the island. Friends had a reservation for dinner, and luckily they were able to add one more person so I could join them.

The ambiance is fantastic at Oliva. I enjoy dinners away from the hustle and bustle of Hidalgo. They play quiet music, there is lots of vegetation, and the lighting is dim. You can talk with your tablemates without yelling, and enjoy dinner without getting a headache from hearing so many competing sounds like on the main pedestrian dinner drag.

The food is always good. I have a hard time passing up the tapas, but if I order them, I never have room for my main course. If you go with a group do not pass up the tapas! Both Greek and Mediterranean are wonderful. My dinner mates had Moussaka and Spanakopita and both really liked their meals too. All of us had trouble finishing because the portions are huge. When my husband goes with me, he loves the Mixed Plate which is a plate of one chicken skewer (Shisklik) and one ground beef skewer (Kafta). The sides that come with each meal are great too and range from hummus to tahini, carrot salad and more. The Moroccan Fish is a wonderful blend of flavors with lime and a Moroccan red sauce over fish with couscous and potatoes and chickpeas, served with a side of carrot salad. YUMMY!

We had wonderful service, from being greeted promptly on arrival and good wait staff. Now that I've had my Moroccan Fish fix again, I'm reminded of just how good it is and I need to go back again sooner!

Tip - this is a VERY busy restaurant and you really do need reservations - even on a Monday night. They have two seatings, 6:30 and 8:30.

chadds ford
“Unusual for the island”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely evening here and the food is delicious. It is a Medeteranian type restuarant and the flavors were lovely. A very cute restuarant especially if you reserve a seat in the garden.

Visited February 2013
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Olivia's appealed to me before I'd even been in there, the decor looked lovely, the menu sounded interesting and my friend who can be hard to pleased had thoroughly enjoyed her previous meal there. So we booked a table, I really wasn't too sure what to have as they had loads of lovely sounding dishes on the menu which subsequently made it a tricky one. I decided on the famous Greek dish - moussaka which was the best moussaka I've had, perfectly seasoned and just the right amount which was served with some tomatoes an onions along side. my friend had a veggie dish which had feta and spinach in it. The service was really good, we were looked after by a blonde lady who I think might have been the owner/manager? I would have loved to try the chocolate mousse for dessert but was full up. If I'm ever back on Isla I will be returning .

Austin, Texas, United States
“Seriously the BEST food on the island!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Olivia's is owned by a lovely Israeli couple and has two dinner services a night. One at 6:30 and one at 8:30. They only take reservations, and both nights we ate there we booked in advance and were able to get a table, and they were literally turning people away left and right if they didn't have a reservation. The food is unreal, clean and delicious. We had the Shephard's Salad both times with a Shishlik (grilled chicken) on top. For dessert we had the homemade cherry ice cream...YUM! Can't wait to go back and eat:-)

Visited March 2013