“Great food...great value”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food...great value”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We had one of our best meals on the island at Olivia's. Our food was delicious and the portions were quite large. I am a big eater but I even took half of my shwarma home for lunch the next day.

Our waitress, a woman from France who's name I can't remember, was great, very helpful with questions about the menu and who gave us just the right amount of attention. I hate too little or too much service when I am dining out.

Definitely going back to Olivia's the next time I go to Isla.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Isla Mujeres
“A Totally Different Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Olivia's Mediterranean Restaurant is totally different than any other restaurant on Isla Mujeres. As you enter and walk through, it is very quiet, romantically lighted, and cozy. The tables were spaced a nice distance apart so the dining experience was private and personal. The waitresses spoke softly and were very friendly. The menu had several selections but not so many to make it confusing. After a nice sized appetizer of Greek tapas (bread, olives, feta cheese, tzaziki and eggplant with green peppers) our main course was served. My husband chose the Moroccan fish fillet and I had Chicken with olives. Both were served over couscous and were absolutely delicious. The blended spices of coriander, lime, and garlic in the red wine sauces had the perfect amount of heat. The chicken was unbelievably tender and the fish was flaky. Both entrees were delicious. We shared a chocolate mousse that was velvety smooth and enjoyed a cup of coffee. The experience was perfect. There were no noisy dishes clattering, no loud voices; it was as though we were the only ones there, and all the tables were full. The prices were a pleasant surprise also. We had always heard that the restaurant was expensive. It is not. Our meals were each very reasonably priced at 135 pesos. We definitely got our money's worth. Reservations are required.

• Visited January 2013
winnipeg
“Surprisingly Good !!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

After suffering through some really bad meals on Isla Mujeres, Olivia surpassed expectations and provided a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying dining experience. Charlotte, our server recommended the "special" turkish pizza with ground beef and Harissa as a starter to share and it was excellent. I had Moroccan fish and my wife had beef short ribs. Both were flavourful and attractively presented.
The atmosphere is an intimate garden setting. My only complaint relates to the group of French Canadians at the next table who chain smoked through the entire meal. Can't really blame the restaurant for that.

1 Thank 123rb
LITTLETON
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food and service are wonderful. The restaurant's atmosphere is excellent...a romantic dining experience. Also, stop at Scuba Garrido, immediately next door, for any of your water sports needs. It is an excellent dive shop!

Visited January 2013
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“One of the best on Isla”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Reservations are necessary at this incredible-value place. Romantic dining in the inner courtyard under the palm trees and the stars. Great Eastern Mediterranean food that is clearly underpriced.

Visited January 2013