“Loved it!”

Nico's Oceanfront Caribbean Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Nestled on the cliffs, overlooking the vast blue vistas of Caribbean sea, lies Isla 33. Luxury condo resort and now the new home of Nico's oceanfront Caribbean Grill. Our cuisine is inspired by the countries and flavors that make this part of the world, such an incredible vacation destination. Certified Black Angus steaks and fresh from the dock local seafood are the trademark of Nico's. Sit at our beautiful marble seaside bar and enjoy a cocktail made with fresh local fruits, and top shelf spirits .Grab a table on our deck for lunch or breakfast or chill out in Nico's air conditioned dining room for a romantic dinner. Isla 33 and Nico's Oceanfront grill, a must stop on your island tour.
Reviewed April 6, 2015

This was our last night on the island and decided to try Nico's as some friends from VLB recommended it. The fish of the day was amazing. We loved everything about our meal including the very attentive and entertaining wait staff. I am very picky about margaritas and don't like them sweet. When I explained it to the waiter how I wanted it, he said, "I know exactly what you mean." It was perfect.

2  Thank DownOnTheFarm

Reviewed April 4, 2015

If you haven't been to Nico's you have denied yourself a real treat. The menu is like nothing else on the island. I have eaten there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and happy hour and loved all of them. The ocean view is superb; the staff are terrific; the food is fabulous; and you meet the nicest people there.

2  Thank HappyIsleno
Reviewed March 29, 2015

We have been going to Isla every year for the past nine years and this is one of the best restaurants on the island. Wonderful view of the ocean, friendly staff (particularly J.J.!!!) and the food is to die for. A limited menu which we appreciate. Do fewer dishes and do them well and they excel at this concept. Go early and take advantage of the happy hour on the outside patio before you dine. We will definitely be going back when we return to Isla next year- can't wait!!!

3  Thank LesnPeg
Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my week long stay at Nico's (Isla 33).  The condo resort is absolutely stunning and exceeded all of my expectations.  The view from my condo overlooking the ocean was breathtaking and listening to the waves crashing into the shore every night was incredibly relaxing.  The Operations Manager Chris Cooper ensured that everything was taken care of for me.  Fantastic customer service and attention to detail!  All of the staff is very friendly and helpful.  Nico's Restaurant located within the resort is top notch.  The food is delicious and the presentation excellent.  The Head Chef was able to accommodate my food allergy without issue.  I most certainly will be returning to this excellent resort!

2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We recently dined at Nico's, located inside the Isla 33 Resort on Isla Mujeres. It was the perfect setting for a romantic dinner! We were quickly greeted as we arrived, and given a choice of outside or inside seating. We chose to sit outside since it was a beautiful night, with little wind. Perfect! We were brought our drink order quickly, as well as toasted bread, drizzled with a balsamic glaze...very nice. We both chose the warm spinach salad, which was delicious. It is served with sliced steak on top. My husband does not eat red meat, and they substituted grilled shrimp without question. We were both very pleased with our meal. The chef came to our table to be sure we were happy, which we really appreciated. JJ and Jose were our servers, and both could not have been more attentive. We were also presented with our check as soon as we asked, which is very unusual on Isla!
Since we live on the Island for a good portion of the year, we do not dine out very often. But we truly enjoyed our romantic dinner at Nico's, and will return soon. It is a lovely addition to the many dining choices on the island.

3  Thank leeleemil