“Personalized and Professional”
Review of Carey Dive Center

Carey Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Carey Dive Center PADI Dive Resort #23814 is one of the most well-established and experienced dive shops on the island. We specialize in PADI diving courses, families, groups and private trips. We not only offer diving, but also snorkeling, fishing, whale shark tours and cenote excursions. Gilberto Pat Hoil is the PADI scuba dive instructor and owner at Carey Dive Center. He has been awarded by PADI for 20 years of outstanding service. He is one of the most experienced scuba dive instructors in Isla Mujeres.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just returned from a week long visit to the island and one of the main reasons why I went was to enjoy the diving there. If it were not for the entire team at Carey Dive Center I doubt I would have had such a wonderful time. The shop is easy to find, carries the latest equipment, and is friendly and inviting. The staff (Gilberto and Rudolpho) couldn't have been more kind and considerate to my level of diving, what dives I wanted to make and even worked with me to improve my diving while enjoying the skilled tours offered by Rudolpho. MUSA was a great dive to start my six dives off with and by the end of the last dive I didn't want to go home. I will be returning to the island in the future and one of my first stops will be at Carey Dive Center to schedule as many dives as I can with them. I highly recommend them for all your diving needs while on the island!

1  Thank Joshua M
There are newer reviews for Carey Dive Center

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Gilberto is an amazing instructor. I came here to finish up my certification as an open water diver. I can not recommend this dive center enough. Gilberto has a calming presence about him that made me feel so at ease with the dives. He took me to several different places, and pointed out various species of fish and sea life. Thank You Gilberto!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I did some dives with carey dive shop in October 2012 and it was great!!!
The crew was friendly and skilled.
Loved it and saw many great things.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came to Isla Mujares from our all inclusive Resort in Cancun. And were not sure what we wanted to do that day, right after getting off the Ferry we were accosted by merchants trying to sell everything, including snorkling. I had read that Carey Diving was recommened in my guidebook, and they gave us a great deal. 35 USD a piece including equipment rental.

They took me and my Girlfriend out on our own private tour. Also they are certified Dive Instructors so we felt safe the entire time.

This is also very close to downtown, and can easily be found once you get off the Ferry.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I had never been diving before. We did the online coursework prior to arriving in Isla Mujeres but were still a bit nervous. Upon meeting Gilberto however we were immediately put at ease by his patience, demeanor and thoroughness (and we speak little to no Spanish by the way). When we started the first confined water dives we felt prepared and confident that we were in good hands. From there we progressed thru the necessary skills and open water dives with Gilberto always there preparing us before hand and then helping us on the actual dives. Even under water he puts you at ease with his calmness, attention to detail, and patience. Some people have a talent for teaching and Gilberto is definitely one of them. I can't say enough good things about the experience and the entire staff. I highly, highly recommend anyone who goes to Isla Mujeres to dive with Gilberto and the entire Carey Dive Center staff!!

1  Thank John L