“Awesome time snorkling”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carey Dive Center

Carey Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Carey Dive Center PADI Dive Resort #23814 is one of the most well-established and experienced dive shops on the island. We specialize in PADI diving courses, families, groups and private trips. We not only offer diving, but also snorkeling, fishing, whale shark tours and cenote excursions. Gilberto Pat Hoil is the PADI scuba dive instructor and owner at Carey Dive Center. He has been awarded by PADI for 20 years of outstanding service. He is one of the most experienced scuba dive instructors in Isla Mujeres.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Grafton, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome time snorkling”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came to Isla Mujares from our all inclusive Resort in Cancun. And were not sure what we wanted to do that day, right after getting off the Ferry we were accosted by merchants trying to sell everything, including snorkling. I had read that Carey Diving was recommened in my guidebook, and they gave us a great deal. 35 USD a piece including equipment rental.

They took me and my Girlfriend out on our own private tour. Also they are certified Dive Instructors so we felt safe the entire time.

This is also very close to downtown, and can easily be found once you get off the Ferry.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First dives ever - Excellent!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I had never been diving before. We did the online coursework prior to arriving in Isla Mujeres but were still a bit nervous. Upon meeting Gilberto however we were immediately put at ease by his patience, demeanor and thoroughness (and we speak little to no Spanish by the way). When we started the first confined water dives we felt prepared and confident that we were in good hands. From there we progressed thru the necessary skills and open water dives with Gilberto always there preparing us before hand and then helping us on the actual dives. Even under water he puts you at ease with his calmness, attention to detail, and patience. Some people have a talent for teaching and Gilberto is definitely one of them. I can't say enough good things about the experience and the entire staff. I highly, highly recommend anyone who goes to Isla Mujeres to dive with Gilberto and the entire Carey Dive Center staff!!

1 Thank John L
Loveland, Colorado
“Great first experience!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I did our first dive with Carey Dive, and it was wonderful. The staff members are very professional and knowledgeable. The sea life we saw was amazing.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent !!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I did our open water cert with Gilberto. We had such a great time! Gilberto and all his staff are wonderful, we couldn't have asked for any better. It was basically only our group there at the time so lots of attention was provided to each person individually. I highly recommend a visit to carey dive shop if your around cancun/isla murjeres.

Boise, Idaho
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great shop”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whether you are a snorkeler, beginning scuba diver, or more advanced diver, this is the place for you. Small groups, personel service, and a multilingual staff make this a wonderful choice. Consider taking a class with Gilberto to improve your skills. Also, don't miss the opportunity to experience a night dive on Isla's wonderful reef. This is truly the best shop on the island and you won't be disappointed. He has top notch rental equiptment, too!

Visited March 2013