“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruben's Restaurant Isla Mujeres

Ruben's Restaurant Isla Mujeres
Ranked #8 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Denver, Colorado
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The two times I ate at Ruben's I had the special of the day for 75 pesos. The salad bar was small but filled all my needs with lettuce, beets, carrots, tomatoes etc. The soup was very tasty. There were many choices for the entree. I had fish fixed in two different ways. The meals were delicious. The people there were very nice and took care of the customers as fast as possible.

At this time, there are not many tables. I hope there is a table for me when I go back to Isla.

Visited May 2014

1 Thank ShinyJo

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best restaurant in town, hands down. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I can easily say that Rubins is the best restaurant we ate at in Isla Mujeres. Amazing food, great staff, and CHEAP! All meals are large portions, staff is very friendly and speak English (they can pretty much make anything you ask for), and the prices are the cheapest we found in town. We ate there 4 times in 2 days, just so you get the point. Breakfast lunch and dinner...

1 Thank Edden R
St. Eustatius
“Good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Like most places on the island, the restaurant itself looks a little tired and you could easily pass it by. However, we had a pleasant lunch. The staff were attentive and our food arrived quickly. We went for the special and each tried a different soup; they were both tasty, but one was far better than the other. The salad bar I found to be lacking, but a nice touch none-the-less. The chef made us a vegetarian option for the special which was also good. I imagine for a meat-eater it would have been better value for money, and the little place was busy! It was great that the restaurant accommodated us, but for a few veggies I don't think we got as great a deal as if we'd have had a meat dish. The staff were lovely, and if you don't mind the tired appearance and food in plastic dishes and plates - it's worth a visit. Maybe just not a first choice for a vegetarian.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Ruben is the coolest guy on the island with exceptional skill for traditional Mexican and contemporary American food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ruben is the best! I had the huevos divorciados with a refreshing horchata and my girlfriend had a ham and cheese omelette with an amazing freshly blended pineapple agua fresca. Both dishes came with black beans and rice, although the spicier dish featured poblano rice while the omelette came with rice primavera. Everything was fresh and delicious! And cheap! Great food at about half the price of most of the other places on the island. Ruben himself was awesome, chatting and making recommendations, even offering his fresh habanero salsa. So good! Go! You'll love it!

Oracle, Arizona
“Ruben's is Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fairly new restaurant on Isla Mujeres but some of the best food you will find. it is reasonably priced and the portions are generous. The sauces and the home made guacamole were outstanding.

The special I had was chicken poblano served with rice and refried black beans and served with a salad and fresh cream of carrot soup. My wife had the tacos with pico de gallo and it was also excellent.

This is a must go to restaurant!

• 4 of 5 bubbles