“Margaritaville but better”
Review of Casa Flamboyan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Casa Flamboyan
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A front deck, a back deck, and roof access. We had everything we needed. It was very clean and very comfortable. Harriet and Richard were attentive and available to answer all of our questions. The four of us had an amazing stay when renting the top floor.
I would come back in a minute. I wish I were there right now!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for a week at the wonderful Casa Flamboyan and it exceeded my expectations in every way. The suite was spacious, clean and bright but we spent most of our time on the front and back porches where you have the ocean in the back and wonderful sunset views in the front (and a number of comfy hammocks!). The rooftop deck made for some lovely stargazing and the infinity dipping pool was great for a quick cool-down. Richard and Harriet recommended some great activities, shared their favorite island restaurants with us and really made us all feel very welcome and comfortable. The Casa is located a mere 5-8 minute walk from town making it extremely convenient if you want to grab dinner or surround yourself in the hustle bustle...but if not you, are far enough outside town that it will feel like your own private paradise. Highly recommend Casa Flamboyan. We couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: Both suites are amazing. It is truly a win win!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived Oct 28th for a week stay on Isla Mujeres at Casa Flamboyan, this home is Beautiful and comfortable, the perfect stay on Isla. We stayed in one of the 2 upstairs apartments and love the views from the 2nd floor front and back decks, one side is the ocean and the other side is a view of the bay so you get a sunrise on one side and sunset on the other deck..........we had perfect weather too! It's a quick ride into "town" where a lot of restaurants/bars and shops are, we decided to walk instead of grabbing a cab a few times and its very do-able and helped walk off some of the good food and drinks we were taking in :) If you need/want more info the owners are more than willing to answer your questions.
I believe you will not be disappointed if you book a stay at Casa Flamboyan!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our second time to Isla Mujeres and second time staying at Casa Flamboyan. Our first visit was just so perfect that we returned again, and it was just as wonderful as we remembered. We actually spent more time at Casa Flamboyan this time. it is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy the sunrises and sunsets, soak up some sun and lay in a hammock and read a book. There are so many spaces to enjoy at different times of the day from the roof top, great for some yoga in the morning, nap in the afternoon and star gazing in the evening, the back porch for eating breakfast and watching the sunset, the porch off the bedroom for watching the sunrise and reading in the afternoon, and the pool for sun, a dip to cool off or just hang over the edge of the infinity pool watching the ocean. The bedroom was clean, neat, good lighting and a comfortable bed for a peaceful nights rest. We did get to snorkel with the whale sharks this year, which was amazing! A truly memorable vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Casa Flamboyan is the only place I have ever returned for a holiday. In 2011, I stayed a week. This year, I stayed two.
It was everything I needed. Quiet, close, comfortable and complete.
With a rented bike and a blender, a large collection of decent reading material and hammocks everywhere, I refreshed myself completely - the very purpose of vacations.
Well done Lowes and Lupe!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Celeste D
Reviewed July 20, 2012

From the second I saw the ocean, I was in love. The ferry took us straight to the island. The crystal blue of the water is mind blowing. The island is a little slice of humble pie. The people are kind and helpful. The house is amazing. From the rooftop swings to the infinity pool. I couldn't have asked for a better place. Plenty of room to spread out. Being able to watch the sun set from the roof was a one of a kind experience. Everything was clean and really made me feel like I was at my own home on the island. Im not sure how many hours i spent on the back porch watching the waves hit the beach. Such a perfect view of your very own beach for shell hunting. We rented a golf cart for the week we were there. That's the way to go! We drove around the entire island at our own pace and went a quite a few mini adventures to little coves and private beaches. I can't wait to go back!!! The Lowe's really know how one should spend their vacation time.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Scarlette217
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I needed to get a little vacay in and I REALLY wanted to do a Mexican trip. She didn't care where we went, as long as there was a beach. Somehow, I have no idea how, we lucked put and stumbled upon this place, Casa Flamboyan! This place was mind blowing.

For starters, the view behind this place is absolutely breathtaking. It is hands down one of the best views on the island. Sunsets are great. It's just fantastic. The second we walked in, saw the view, we knew immediately that we made the right choice.

Next best thing about this spot is the locale... It's very close to the north end, touristy thing, if that's what you're into. You can walk right up to it all. Personally I like staying out of the touristy zone, and fortunately I could walk just as far south and be right in the middle of authentic Mexico, tacos al pastor till 2 in the morning, and stumble home safely! It's so close to WHATEVER you want to do!

The place was so clean, and so well put together, anything you need, it's all right there. And the house keeper, lupe, was very helpful.

All in all, this place is fantastic. We absolutely loved it! This is where we are coming every year, and Casa Flamboyan is where we will be staying!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012