“Amazing happy hour--added so much to our trip”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #1 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing happy hour--added so much to our trip”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed across the street from Casa Sirena at the delightful Casa El Pio. Stephen, the owner and manager of Casa Sirena, was helping out at Casa El Pio as the owners were between managers. He was absolutely wonderful and invited us to join the fun at the nightly Casa Sirena happy hour on the roof. We had so much fun at Casa Sirena! The drinks and snacks were amazing. It was a kick to meet the Casa Sirena guests and hear about their adventures on the island. Casa Sirena books up fast, so plan in advance. We'll be staying there next time we get down to Isla Mujeres!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane_F182

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

if you're reading this review, you've probably seen several already that mention the proprietor steve. well, it comes with good reason. the care and attention to detail that steve puts into his property--from the immaculate rooms to the dangerously delicious happy hour cocktails--are highly deserving of one of the best ratings on tripadvisor. but my favorite thing about casa sirena is the trust that steve has in the people who stay there. want a beer? grab one. feel like staying out on the roofdeck when no one else is there? just close the door on your way out. that freedom to enjoy the property makes it feel really special. respect it, don't be crazy loud and annoying about it, and you'll have a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aminzaday
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our Casa Sirena experience so very much. Here's why:
- Comfortable room free of TV
- Every Day a different towel animal friend greeted us from its bed-top perch
- Mexican speciality or American standard breakfast was served to us every morning
- Concierge helped us book ground transportation from the Cancun airport to the Isla Mujeres ferry landing
- Concierge also helped us book ground transportation form the Isla Mujeres ferry landing to Playa del Carmen for the second leg our our vacation
- Steve, the proprietor, hosted a great Happy Hour every night. He mixed great tropical drinks, snacks and witty banter
- Steve recommended places to visit that we would never have found were we not guests of the Casa Sirena

Bottom Line: Casa Sirena and Isla Mujeres provided an enjoyable respite from the crowded resort areas along the Mexican Riveria.

PS: to the reviewer. We stayed in January, 2013. I know I am two weeks late but please forgive my tardiness and post this review with a date of Jan 2013. Thanks! Alan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amwMinnesota
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I attended several events here due to the welcoming and generous nature of Steve, the proprietor. I would stay here in a heartbeat during another trip to paradise. The inn is a welcoming environment, from the base floor garden area all the way to the rooftop bar and top level dance floor! The food was great, the margaritas were better, and the festivities were top notch. I was there over holidays, so while I do not think it is a "party every night" it sure was fun. Just read the other reviews to confirm that this place is truly outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just stayed at Casa Sirena for the ninth time. I can't say enough about the staff of the the hotel, they are awesome. I went to celebrate the new year with friends,It was my second New Years at Casa Sirena. I was not disappointed,as Steve, the innkeeper, arranged a great night. New Year's Eve started with happy hour followed by dinner at Mamma Rosas. We then went back to Casa Sirena to ring in the new year with a rooftop party. It was blast. The night didn't end there we all went to the town square to celebrate with the band till the wee hours of the morning. I stayed at the hotel for seven day and as always the room was immaculate and the food authentic and delicious. I can't wait till my return to Isla and Casa Sirena hasta mayo. Keep up the good work Steve.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nitzy57
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our best stay at the island. The hotel in itself is nice and spotlessly clean. All the details are there, from lighter and candles in the room to beer coasters for the beach trip. I really appreciated this extra attention, but most of all I loved the feeling of being in a hostel but yet in a hotel! We meet lots of new and interesting people through the communal breakfast and the happy hours. This is something I have been longing for ever since I grew older and started requiring higher standards (like a private bathroom).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Freshestest
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Top 10 reasons to stay at Casa Sirens
10. Comfy cotton waffle-weave robes
9. Elegantly appointed rooms that were impeccably clean
8. Daily towel origami
7. Delicius breakfast featuring Mexican favourites or traditional western fare fresh squeezed OJ and huge fruit plate!
6. Happy hour where we met our fellow travellers and our host Steve's friends and family
5. Dennis and Simon (cause it was Christmas)
4. The rooftop patio with 360 views complete with dipping pool
3. Onsite laundry service that left our clothes smelling divine.
2. Steve's stories and his tips and knowledge about all that is good on Isla
1. The incredible generosity of spirit that imbues this lovely 6-room hotel.

Thank you Steve. You and your staff worked so hard to make our stay wonderful -- and it was fabulous. Madeleine and Suzanne

Room Tip: Given the top 10 list, any room would be fine…. but if you can book 3 or 6. Ocean views and breezes...