“Amazing island, amazing B&B, amazing people”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. The owner, Steve, has built a beautiful, cozy inn. We loved the delicious daily breakfasts that we shared with the other guests, and of course the nightly happy hours. Steve is a great host both to have a drink with, as well as to get recommendations for the best places to eat and drink on the island. Jose, from AskIsla, comes to breakfast everyday to set up activities. He's a great guy and doesn't push at all.

Highly recommend Island, and Casa Sirena.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DrDoogieBoogie

Reviewed June 14, 2013

You have arrived if you are lucky enough to stay at this magical hotel! This boutique hotel was the best finale to a 3 week Mexico vacation. And creating the magic at Casa Sirena is the host/owner Steve and his awesome staff. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooftop offers awesome views of both the gulf and the Caribbean Sea. I spent my siesta time in the rooftop hammock swaying over the Caribbean. The rooftop sunset happy hour was the best because Steve makes great margaritas, adult treats, tequila tasting and it was fun meeting the other guest staying at the hotel. We were lucky to share a birthday with one of the guess (Happy Jubilee Gordon!) while hanging out at happy hour. Each of the 6 rooms offers something special for every guest and every occasion. Breakfast (included) was yummy each morning. The breakfast selection satisfied my vegetarian diet as well. This is a special place that I want to keep to myself but too many people already know it exist. I’m just hoping a room will be available when I return. I highly recommend this award winning hotel!! "Hola Steve!"

Room Tip: Room #3 was fantastic. It has 2 beds in 1 huge room with separate AC and doors for more privacy (1...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Casa Sirena was precisely what I needed! Steve and later Jose were the quintessential hosts. The breakfasts were incredibly delicious but it was the Happy Hour that was sublime. The margaritas and tequila tasting were awesome! I met some great folks from Vancouver, Canada, NYC and the world around. Renting a golf cart to get around town and explore was so much fun. Even got to look for sea turtles at night. What an adventure! I came back feeling so relaxed and ready.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Casa Sirena loves solo travelers! We strive to offer a perfect mix of privacy and social opportunities, so traveling alone is never lonely...

Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you're lucky enough to stay at this special six room inn, you'll arrive to a frosty cold beverage, an invigorating frozen towel facial, and one of the most delightful hosts you'll ever meet. Steve treats everyone like old friends, serves an indigenously delicious breakfast and has THE best 360 view of the island accompanied by potent happy-hour, sunset margaritas. Quaint rooms boast high thread counts, dreamy beds, hot, steamy showers and the charming view of an old Spanish courtyard. Casa Sirena attracts eclectic, well-rounded guests, so you'll be guaranteed great conversations and a truly, restful vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa C

I have always been attracted to eclectic, well-rounded travelers, and designed my little hotel to provide a style of hospitality that keeps them coming back year after year...

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was the best vacation we have had. Steve is an amazing host. We really enjoyed happy hour with all the other guests. It was so fun to sip margaritas and share our adventures of the day. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the view from our room of the ocean was breathtaking. I highly recommend a stay at Casa Sirena. I know we can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay at Casa Sirena was more than we expected on so many levels. Our typical vacations include stays at larger hotels or resorts. Casa Sirena was a welcome and refreshing change of pace. We loved our room with the private balcony and sitting area. It was the perfect little get away. The breakfasts were delicious and the happy hours at the roof top bar were not to be missed. We will definitely return. Casa Sirena is a special place, and Steve is a fantastic host! Don’t hesitate. Es estupendo! Marty & Brian

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThatGirl86
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I am happy you enjoyed your stay at my little hotel. Many of our regular guests are converts from the predictable comforts of larger vacation properties! You don't need a plastic wristband to get complimentary cocktails at our happy hour...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

What can I say. Everything was wonderful. If Steve had control of the weather then he would have everything under control however our weather was also perfect. 88 and sunny every at with not a drop of rain. It was nice to meet the other guests. His new early breakfast for divers filled us up for the day. It was a triple decker Mexican flare breakfast sandwich that needed 2 hands to handle. Eating in town wAs excellent. Inexpensive and tasty. I guess I'll be back. ( for my 15th visit). I guess you can tell we really love this place. Thank You Steve. And thanks for the Casa Sirena tee shirt. See you Pronto Amigo

• Stayed: May 2013