“a definite repeat”

Ranked #2 of 37 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“a definite repeat”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Casa Sirena is a wonderful B&B. The house is beautiful, the rooms are light, comfortable and inviting, the breakfasts excellent and the happy hour is great fun. Casa Sirena within walking distance to the north beach and all the restaurants and shops along the way, but it is just off the beaten path to be a quiet haven in which to relax. Steve was a great host and worked hard to make us feel at home. This place definitely exceeded our expectations and we look forward to a return trip in the near future. We now understand why most of the guests we met at Casa Sirena were repeat customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I hesitate to write this review because I worry that I may not be able to get a reservation in the future. I recently went to Isla with my bff for a week and spent 3 nights at this little slice of paradise. I will start by saying that it exceeded my expectations, and I already knew that I was in for a treat from reading past reviews. From the minute that I saw the little peep hole in the entrance door, I knew that I was going to love the place. Steve, the owner has put so much care into this little gem and every inch of it shows. It has so much charm and there was something unique everywhere you looked. The authentic Mexican breakfasts are delicious and it was so nice to sit with Steve and the other guests to enjoy it. I could write an entire book on the rooftop and happy hour alone. The best view of the Island is up there and it was so wonderful to chat with Steve and all of the colorful characters that we met. So many great laughs and a pretty good margarita as well. One night Steve even treated us to a tequila tasting and I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not bringing home a bottle of Don Julio Anejo 70. We even had the pleasure of being invited back from happy hour one evening after we had checked into our other hotel. Such a fun night piling 11 of us into 2 golf carts and heading to mid-island for dinner. Steve, thanks for making it another special night. I even went out and purchased a tortilla press so that I can make my own Salbutes. Casa Sirena is one of those special places that will always remain in my heart and I hope to visit again and again. Estebandito, Nacho Libre, or however you say it, thank you again for such a wonderful experience at your little casa.
Heather & (Michelle)

Room Tip: We loved #2 because of the beautiful tile on the floor and the quaint view overlooking the courtyard...
1 Thank doglover75
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I love sharing my passion for great tequila by pouring little shots of the very best... from bottles contributed to the bar by generous guests!
Baldwin, maine
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our first visit and we had a fantastic time! All of our expectations were not only met, but exceeded. We counted on Steve to provide information about our travel around island and he did not disappoint. Steve is the ultimate host and the staff is wonderful with tremendous attention to detail. From the yummy breakfasts to the towel animals each day in our room, we felt spoiled. The rooftop bar where Happy Hour takes place is the icing on the cake. Marvelous views and great company made this nightly ritual all the more fun! A vacation of laughter, sunshine, and relaxation - we could not have asked for more. We are already trying to find a way back soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is our third trip to Casa Sirena, and it feels like our home away from home now.
From the moment we arrive, greeted by our dear friend Steven, cool towels, and a cold beer, it's all just fantastic.
As previous reviews have noted, the fantastic breakfasts and Happy Hour on the rooftop are standouts every time. The entire place is super clean, the staff make everything feel effortless.

As we continue to visit Casa Sirena, we realize that it's the people that make so much of the experience. Of course there's Steven, the charming innkeeper, who makes everyone feel special. And the staff, keeping us well fed at breakfast, prepped for happy hour, and adding smiles to our faces every time we return to our spotlessly clean room with the day's artwork of towel animals.

But it's also our fellow travelers, locals, and friends of Steven's that we get to interact with at breakfast and happy hour. With the comings and goings of travelers and friends, you never know who you'll get to trade stories with - but it's always good. We walked away from this trip with new friends from Canada who I highly suspect we'll see again soon. We reconnected with old friends from previous visits. We met amazing people from around the globe - such as a fascinating woman from France who now lives in Merida and owns a place in Senegal. Those are the kinds of people that add to the experience of travel - and they seek out the type of hotel experience that you get at Casa Sirena.

Already thinking about planning our next trip - and no doubt we'll be staying at Casa Sirena. Our home away from home on Isla.

Room Tip: We prefer room #1, with the large balcony and daybed - great for sitting outside, relaxing, reading...
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
There is no higher compliment for an innkeeper than the title of your review; it is a joy to provide hospitality to weary travelers from around the world :)
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just off the ferry, trailing our luggage behind us, "only another half block to go" Paul says. Sure enough one short block and the turn around the corner sports a small huddle of people looking our way with the sound of luggage rollers on the cobbley street a huge cheer erupts,"they're here, now the happy hour can begin. Up to the roof!! That's where everyone goes at the end of the day and the start of the evening, before dinner, wherever that might be. (You can't go wrong with really any of the 100+restaurants on the island.) Wonderful staff (Beverly & David), accommodation and everything in its' place as you need it. Steve, our host wasn't there but the wow factor came through with Bev and David at the helm. Authentic Mexican breakfast, surroundings and hospitality abound. Knowledge shared from these two about the island made it easy to make choices for dining and how to get around (although so much was just in short distance from our beautiful temporary home). We look forward to returning to Isla Mujeres and reuniting with our new found friends. Take the time to spend a few days in paradise with these folks

Room Tip: All the rooms were very nicely appointed. I had the opportunity to view them as they were open foll...
1 Thank Paul L
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It is always with mixed emotions that I leave Casa Sirena for my own vacation or to visit family in the USA. I am blessed with wonderful friends who step in as "Associate Innkeepers" and keep the hotel hopping!
Fox Point, WI
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our 3rd visit in 4 years, and my husband and I never tire of Casa Sirena. It is the perfect 5 day getaway to cure the winter blues. Fun, laughs, sunshine and great food = heaven! Looking forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Another great trip - this time I brought my friends and filled the hotel for my birthday! The happy hours and breakfasts continue to be the best part of the experience and Steve hired a mariachi band for to serenade me for my birthday! He also took us to a few local restaurants we would have never found on our own and they were amazing! It's top rated for a reason!

Room Tip: 3 is a suite with 2 rooms and both 3 and and 6 have ocean views. Room 1 has the largest outside spa...
2 Thank halpey1
Steve B, Owner at Casa Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It was the first time we have ever had Mariachi's serenading us at breakfast, but for your birthday we couldn't resist!