“Exactly what we wanted! Relaxed, Casual, Great Food and People”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #2 of 38 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Exactly what we wanted! Relaxed, Casual, Great Food and People”
Reviewed December 15, 2007

We had two hosts during our stay: Daniel lively and fabulous. Steve(the owner) was gracious and warm. Either would have been delightful on their own but both made the perfect stay at Casa Sirena.

Guest Rooms and Common Rooms: Comfortable, clean, neat and tastefully decorated.

Breakfasts: DELICIOUS ~ My husband was hesitant at the thought of mexican food for breakfast but can't stop raving about it to family and friends.

Happy Hour: Excellent ~ Like being at CHEERS. Very beautiful views from the roof, friendly and welcoming.

We were delighted by the other friendly and happy guests at Casa Sirena. Some we had meals with and others enjoyed wehappy hour with. I think there is just an ambiance to the place that sets the mood for all to enjoy.

The island was friendly and casual(just we were looking for).

Every request or need was granted. Tips, suggestions, reccomendations, and making reservations. What ever is needed is delivered in the most friendly gracious manner :-)

• Liked — The Hosts, Food and Accomodations............
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
albany, ny
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I wanted to suprise my lovely wife with a suprise for a four night get away for our 20th anniversary and could not be more pleased with our selection. We had previously been to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, St. Martin (2), and Anguilla (2) and had been interested in the Cancun area due to a friends suggestion. I wanted a "real" Mexican experience and the AI resort area did not feel right but I found a link to IslaMujeres.info and found this great hotel/B&B. The owner Steve Broin made us feel like one of the family from the first minute and was a wealth of info. for our stay. There are many previous reviews which detail the great breakfasts and the happy hour (which are legendary) but our interaction/acceptance by the kind locals and the feeling of a home away from home will be our lasting memories. You know you belong when you feel the need to greet the "new arrivals" to happy hour on your last night in paradise!!

• Liked — Mexican experience
  • Disliked — none
Oakwood Hills, IL
Reviewed December 1, 2007

When my husband and I were told we were being furnished lodging at a B & B on the island for work we were doing there, we had no idea what to expect, and expected the worse...

I can't even describe our delight upon walking into Casa Sirena, and meeting Steve (Owner) and Daniel (Manager), two of the most warm, intelligent and generous men I've met. The building, decor and amenities were/are breathtaking... We have been to Cancun twice (even got married there) and Isla once before, and have stayed at some very fine resorts, but this was the best accommodation by far.

The breakfast served at Casa Sirena (wonderfully gourmet--some of the best I've had) as well as the generous drinks furnished ("Happy Hour" (or should we say HourS?..) and stocked poolside, honor-system cooler) make this an unbelievable value at the advertised rates. I believe that during off season, you can stay there even more reasonably!...

There was nothing we could have wanted, needed or anticipated that Steve did not provide for; even furnishing us and the other guests with cell phones to use for the stay, programmed with the phone numbers of the inn itself, Steve's cell (in case of emergency) and the other guests' phones. This is especially relevant, because as a result of the nightly "Happy Hours" as well as the general atmosphere cultivated by Steve, all we guests, albeit from different cities and walks of life, felt a bit like old friends, and often socialized for meals, etc. How better to enjoy a vacation than with the company of kindred spirits?!

When I asked where I might find an affordable massage for my aching back, Steve facilitated an amazing private session by a local masseuse on the rooftop terrace. The sound of the birds and waves, along with the shade and gentle breeze on an already steamy, sunny morning were an ideal and relaxing setting.

Whoever and wherever you are, if you are seeking a relaxing vacation in a peaceful yet culteral setting, where you can get away from it all yet have anything you might desire at your fingertips, I would definitely recommend that you consider a stay at Casa Sirena...you will NOT be sorry :) :) :)

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank KDLDVM
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Casa Sirena is absolutely amazing! My boyfriend and I stayed here last November and we will be returning to the island and this hotel time and time again. We were thoroughly impressed with every detail of the experience, from the wonderful breakfasts, to the beautiful rooms with amazing views, to the fantastic happy hours. We met so many people in the hotel and on the island that after only 7 days it started to feel like a second home.

Finally, I would be crazy not to mention the caring and gracious nature of the host and owner Steve. He was instrumental in making our holiday unforgettable, with a "closet" full of experiences to take back with us. Thank you so much Steve - we can't wait to stay with you again!

• Liked — It's the #1 B&B in Mexico! Need I say more?
  • Disliked — We liked everything!
1 Thank brandon52
Minneapolis
Reviewed November 15, 2007

My partner, myself and a friend decided to stay at Casa Sirena on our trip to get some relaxation. I cannot express enough how wonderful our experience was.

Staying at Casa Sirena is like staying with a good friend that is an excellent host. The rooms are charming, clean and attractive. Breakfast at Casa Sirena was always one of the best meals of the day on the island. Steve makes great margueritas for Happy Hour.

Steve is wonderful at steering his guests to the best the island has to offer. We were always happy with his suggestions for dinner, activities, or just to find out what he thought a fair price was for a souvenir.

I also don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel and been more engaged with the other guests. We had dinner at some point in the week with every other guest at Casa Sirena, outside the hotel. We spent time on the beach together, would talk about our day at happy hour, and prior evening at breakfast. It was delightful to become close with the people with which we had this great shared experience. Steve was artful at creating this environment.

We will definately be back.

1 Thank 55405-Traveler
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Six of us celebrating our 40th birthdays stayed at Casa Sirena for five days, and we wished we could have stayed longer. It's a beautiful six-room b&b, very charming, and the owner. Steve Broin, is a gracious host. The free breakfasts are fabulous - I loved the fruit crepes with pina colada yogurt - and the rooftop happy hours are even better. Steve makes a mean margarita, and the guacamole is the best I've ever had. We loved meeting the other guests, and getting tips on restaurants, etc. from them and from Steve. Casa Sirena is conveniently located near the main shopping area of Isla Mujeres, so we could walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. We rented golf carts to zip around the rest of the island - it's not very big. I would definitely stay there again - we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Minnesota_traveler16
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 8, 2007

My husband Wayne and I love to travel and find ourselves drawn to Isla over and over again.
On our last visit we discovered yet another jewel on this beautiful little laid back island. Casa Sirena, is a quaint little bed and breakfast in the middle of town. It provided us with such a unique vacation experience. The decor is beautiful and the breakfast to die for. The staff was delightful and the sunset happy hour was awsome. We found ourselves each evening exchanging stories of the day with the owner Steve and the other guests, usually ending up all together at a local restraunt having dinner.

We can't wait to go back, Thanks Steve.

Deborah
Las Vegas

• Liked — The staff and decor
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple