“We were Spoiled!”
Review of Casa Sirena Hotel

Casa Sirena Hotel
Ranked #2 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Loved the Hotel! Loved the Island! Steven spoiled us during our stay, we felt safe and well cared for... the breakfasts were marvelous, and especially the happy hours! The hotel was very clean and quiet and Steven is like your own private guide for the island!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Wow! What an experience it is to stay at Casa Sirena, Steven you are the most amazing host, you have created a real experience that is unforgetable. I think this was my 15th trip to island but the first time bringing my friends and the first time staying at your beautiful casa! I can't begin to say enough about the hospitality of you and your staff, the amazing breakfasts, famous Happy Hours and how impecable you keep your Inn! My friends felt so comfortable and safe at the hotel, you really made our stay so special! Thank you again and can't wait to return with an entire pack to fill Casa Sirena!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2011

In Casa Sirena, Steve Broin, the abundantly gracious and accessible proprietor, has created a space that captures the spirit and the placidity of island living one expects and hopes for when visiting an island. From the breezy and floral first floor communal area, where an excellent breakfast is served daily and you can access free Wi-Fi, to the charming rooms and upper level bar/patios (with dazzling 360 degree view of the island), Casa Sirena is not only authentically architecturally pleasing but the décor is impeccable too. But even more importantly, Steve and his supporting staff are friendly, helpful, and fastidious—the food and house/room service were flawless. (Steve even offered to make an early breakfast two times on my account when I had to leave early for Chitzen Itza (a must see) and the day of my departure.) Don’t miss the afternoon happy hours Steve hosts at the open-air top-level bar where you can meet fellow travelers while enjoying the sunset (these events and the people I met were a highlight of my trip to I.M.) I’ll be going back for sure. Thanks again, Steve, for a great B&B experience!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My experience at Casa Sirena started with a gracious welcome and continued throughout my stay. I have traveled to Isla Mujeres for over a decade and never experienced the Island like I did during my recent stay at Casa Sirena. Steve has created an environment of which you feel like family. The friends I met on the island will be life lasting. Thank you Steve and your wonderful staff for allowing me to relax, enjoy the wonderful breakfasts, fun happy hours, and the perfect rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Holy cow, people. Awesome. Great place to stay on Isla; for me it's been the only place I've stayed but I see no reason to switch if I ever return. Quaint the way a B&B should be, and Steven the proprietor is sooo attuned to detail - it makes the stay a breeze. Plus, the top level is a bar that was added onto the building that is the site of happy hour, with a great panoramic view of the island as the sun sets. And somehow, they've squeezed two small but great pools into this B&B! Fantastic.

Room Tip: We liked room #5 - nice view of ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was my second trip to Isla with my sister, and this time we wanted to be right by the ocean, but wanted the wonderfulness of Casa Sirena (since my first trip there was so AWESOME!) With Sirena by the Sea, the condo on Playa Norte at the Ixchel Beach Hotel, we got both! The condo room was huge, with 2 big comfy beds, a huge wonderful shower, and a fabulous view of the ocean. You simply have to go out the lobby door, pass by the excellent heated pool, and there you are on the beach! The hotel staff brings you chairs and an umbrella, then will supply you with the delicious drinks and noshes from ComoNo, right there at the hotel. You can just relax, right by the ocean, and be well taken care of. And Mauricio, the concierge was delightful! And, best of all, we got to go to Casa Sirena for the outstanding breakfasts, and the best happy hour ever! On the roof top, with the sunset, the drinks cold and substantial, and the best company ever. Steve is a wonderful host who makes sure his guests are well taken care of. I love the atmosphere of Casa Sirena! You get the best chance to meet and talk to people from all over the world, making new friends, and reuniting with old ones who returned!

This is by far one of the BEST places to stay on Isla, and I will return time and again!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This was our second time to Casa Sirena, and it was a lovely this time as it was the first. Steve and crew have figured out how to create a wonderful, friendly, inviting, relaxing environment to TOTALLY unwind. I don't think there is a single thing Ii would change about this place...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple