“Love this little gem!”

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Queensland, Australia
“Love this little gem!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I first stayed at suites los Arcos about three years ago when I came to cancun for a month. The location is great! A five minute walk from ferry terminal and in middle of the main street with all restaurants and bars and shops on Isla Mujeres. This is a small hotel but the rooms are very spacious with a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink) as well. Which was perfect since I stayed a month and was able to make my own meals if I wanted. I was traveling by myself and always felt safe there. Free wifi as well! Clean and friendly staff.
Now I am back with my husband this time celebrating our one year anniversary. And nothing has changed. It's still the quaint clean hotel with friendly service! Air conditioning, free wifi, and tv.

Will definitely be back in the years to come!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank shernandez H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to review this hotel as we couldn’t find any recent reviews before our stay and that made us a little nervous. We rented 4 rooms for a week and had a great time. In the one room facing the main street we often heard music from nearby bars at night, but for us it added to the atmosphere. Loved being able to go out on the small balcony and people watch. The rooms on the back side were quieter, but didn’t have a great view. Walking distance from the ferry terminal, two blocks from the beach, restaurants all around. Very clean and we felt safe at this hotel. The hotel was very functional for us, just keep in mind that it’s not a resort. Simple clean bathroom, mini fridge, coffee pot, cable tv. Free internet, just ask for the password.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank troymitraveller
Uk
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this place needing a room for the night as we arrived a day early onto the island. We were completely delighted - for 800 pesos we got a great spacious room with fridge and kitchen area. A balcony which overlooked the lovely main street - and a bird'e eye view of the restaurant opposite who had a great roof top guitar player. It could have disturbed us but actually we loved listen to him play whilst sipping wine on our little balcony.

Everything was clean, bright and tidy - only the shower could have done with a lot more power.

A safe was also provided.

We loved this little place and would happily have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luceeann
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed at Suites Los Arcos and have nothing bad to say about the Hotel but you can NEVER get any sleep with the 2 Restaurant/Bars across the street.One place plays Techno music so loud until after 3AM that just goes on and on with loud thumping Bass.The other Boutique Bar can play music and have very loud patrons until after 5AM.Even after shutting our sliding doors and putting on the Air Conditioning for the white noise we could still not sleep at all.If you are thinking of staying at Suites Los Arcos you might as well just stay up and party with them until 5AM cause you won't get any sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank C P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed here for four nights and the place is perfect.

The rooms are large and come equipped with a large ceiling fan, air con, fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, safe, TV, double bed, table and chairs and a bathroom with a great shower.

We also had a balcony looking out onto the main street.

The woman on the desk originally asked for 700 pesos per night but we got her to go down to 600 pesos.

The rooms also have free wifi.

I would definitely recommend thus place to anyone visiting the island!

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank LeedsEmily
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed in Suites los Arcos on a solo trip over New Years 2010-2011. The room was clean and ready when I arrived and the staff, though they spoke little english, was helpful when I needed it. Pluses to this place include the very central location, sweet little balcony (if you're on a street side room), cable TV, free Wi-Fi and kitchenette. Downsides are that it can (not often, but occasionally) be loud staying on the main street, the staff speaks little/no english and is therefore difficult to get help from, and the doors are not very sturdy and only had a lock on the knob. I met lots of people on my trip- some staying at places which were comparable in quality but with a worse location- but a slightly better price. I would stay in Suites Los Arcos again, but I am also interested in trying Las Palmas- it was booked for my entire trip and was very charming. Also- I had to ask for the password for the Wi-Fi- it wasn't advertised, but they were happy to provide it as soon as I got across what I was looking for.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Waldolover05
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Stayed at Los Arcos over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Had a first floor room on the back of the hotel. It had a nice bathroom, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and a large balcony. The mattress was comfortable although the sheets and pillows were a bit flimsy. By being on the back of the hotel, we didn't get the Hidalgo street noise. Very clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple