“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Casitas del Mar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Casitas del Mar
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Over the past 8 years, Casitas del Mar has become our home away from home. It always amazes me how everything you need to live comfortably for 2 months can fit into a single bright, well equipped room, including a very comfy bed! Bob and Joyce, the owners, are amazing hosts and over the years have helped us with everything from restaurant recommendations to making a medical appointment, to arranging massages and pedicures!
There's nothing that beats waking up in the morning and looking out at the ocean directly across from your room...especially while checking the weather back home, via wifi! Before leaving, we've booked our room and flight for next year and looking out our windows right now in Canada, we feel our return to our Casita in Isla can't come soon enough!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Littlesuzale

Reviewed March 31, 2013

How lucky were we to find this place? The rooms were lovely and the air conditioning was nice to have. The location was just a quick taxi ride from Centro, but miles away from it in pace. It sits across a lightly traveled road from the Carribean Sea...nice white sand patches amongst the limestone outcrops. The neighborhood of La Gloria, of which you are a part, is blessed with many fine local eating establishments. The entire south end of the island is easily walkable from here, and there are several nice beaches and snorkling spots.

Joyce and Bob were such generous hosts! They even set up a trip for us and our friendly neighbors to the ruins at Ek Balam. I hadn't even heard of these ruins until Joyce mentioned them. I was so glad she did! If you have the chance to go there...GO!

In short, this was an extraordinary vacation. Forget Cancun. Slow down with Joyce and Bob on Isla. We will be coming back.

Antonio and Colleen from Washington State

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony P
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Casita Del Mar from 2/15-2/17/13. As everyone stated I felt the hosts were very helpful and welcoming. It was easy to catch a cab if you wanted to go into centro. I also liked the beach at Playa Lancheros which was about a 20 minutes walk from the casita. I spent 1 afternoon there and appreciated that there were only a couple of beach vendors and loungers were free at least when I was was there. I liked the casita which was very charming and had great attention to detail. Hooks in the bathroom where needed, a huge bottle of water in the kitchen area and great water pressure in the shower. As someone else stated I never turned on the ac or the tv. Would recommend this location as a lovely getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DogLoverGirl/02
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I first arrived at Casitas del Mar, after a week staying in Playa Norte right on the beach, I was a little taken a back by the road separating the Casitas and the ocean. After a day, I had soaked up the gentleness of the place...spent a night listening to the waves and experienced the incredible hospitality of Joyce and Bob and my fellow guests. I stayed at Casitas del Mar for a week alone following 10 days with friends on the north side. Really enjoyed walking...everywhere....to town a for a meal or the beach, exploring the colorful La Gloria neighborhood, to Punta Sur and Garrafon. Everything is accessible and safe for a woman traveling alone. If I got tired of walking, there was always a 30 peso cab ride back. And, after days eating delicious fresh fish, I was glad to be able to cook a few vegetables at my Casita.

As everyone mentions, Bob and Joyce are amazing hosts. I agree with the other reviewer's raves.They treat their guests like valued friends. And seem genuinely happy taking care of ...well, all we need as their guests.

The Casitas are very nicely decorated. The bed is the most comfortable I've had in Isla Mujeres. I didn't even turn on the TV. Tried the AC once...and though it was quiet and worked well, there was a bright light on it..right over the bed. I just wore a mask. And decided I preferred the waves. If I had told Bob, I'm sure he would have found a way to fix it!

I'll go back...wish I could go back next week!

Room Tip: internet reception is better closer to Casita #1
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just returned from three glorious weeks at Casitas del Mar. What a holiday!! It was magical to wake up each morning with that spectacular view and the sound of the surf 24/7 was everything we had hoped for. The casitas themselves were outstanding and Leti was just too good to be true. Even when it did occasionally rain, we would sit under our palapa with a drink or two and play crib with the board and cards provided until the sun came out again. Bob and Joyce were the very best of hosts...Joyce going so far as to phone and make a doctor appointment for me when I was silly enough to get bronchitis. The icing on the cake though was Bob driving us to the ferry on our last day. This was our first trip to this peaceful part of Mexico but it will definitely not be our last. After all we have to come back to catch-up with all the wonderful friends we made. Thank you again Bob and Joyce for sharing your wonderful island home with us. Deb & Bob from Alberta

Room Tip: We stayed in Casita number 2 and it was just perfect for us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra P
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just returned from a week at Casitas Del Mar. From the very minute we inquired until the day we checked out we could not have asked for a more personal experience. Bob and Joyce are so gracious and go out of their way to make your time with them wonderful.

Joyce provided us with so much information before we got there and then so much more after we arrived. The casita was clean well stocked and very comfortable. There was everything you could need in the kitchen and if you had a problem it was taken care of immediately.

Leti takes such good care of the place and you feel like there is a fairy hovering in the background.

Sitting on the patio in the early morning watching the sea across the road and the island come to life is so amazing. Can't say enough about it. Will be back. It was very hard to leave.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kclady66
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico but we came on the excellent reviews from two couples from our golf club. I am so happy that we made the trip. The casitas were great and just close enough to Centro if we wanted to experience a busier life style. Vacationing in the "burbs" as Joyce and Bob call it...allowed us to enjoy the best of both. We could safely take our daily walks and also dine at local and more upscale restaurants all within walking distance.....it was WONDERFUL...and we will be back.
Our hosts Joyce and Bob were most helpful and extremely cordial....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends