“Spectacular beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Spectacular beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Playa del Norte is one of the most important place to visit in Isla Mujeres. The sand is white, the water is blue and very clean. Isnt neccessary to stay in front of the restaurants, its more beautiful and romantic to relax under a palm. Is the second time for me on the island, and its the best beach ever! You can see the best sunset there. Even they didnt invest so much to develop the beach, its an amazing beach!Its a must to see it!

1 Thank Diana B

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently returned from a Mexican holiday. I stayed at a FANTASTIC resort called Excellence Playa Mujeres ! I wrote a review on Trip Advisor so if you wish you can find it and read it. Off the coast from Excellence is a island called Isla Mujeres , I had heard about it from various friends who had been there. As it turns out it was a old hangout in the 60's for hippies! I picked a day to go there & it was so easy to get to where the ferries depart and a quick 20 min ride over. The waters on the way over we're a magnificent color of clear blue turquoise ! Possibly the nicest I've seen since travelling the Greek islands! My intention was to go there & sign up to go on a excursion to go swimming with the whale sharks as that's where they find the water & temperature to there likings! Well lets just say I never made it to swim with them as I discovered the beach Playa Norte and took one look and decided that's it I'm parking my butt here for the day!! I rented a couple of beach chairs from a funky joint called Chi Chi & Charlie's ! Rental was cheap, also ordered some conch ceviche which they brought to our chairs and had a fabulous lunch on the shore!
What a wonderful day on this beach - you can walk out for a considerable way & it is only waist deep & crystal clear with a white sandy bottom ! The sand on the beach has the texture of talcum powder! TOP THAT!
I shall return to both the Excellence Playa Mujeres but spend a few days on Isla Mujeres! Anyone have any recommendations of where to stay on the beach?

2 Thank Laccornu
San Antonio, TX
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“One of the 10 best Beaches in the World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Before I write this review for Playa Norte; I should perhaps mention that I have been traveling to Tropical Destinations since age 18. I'm 47 years now; and rarely go on fewer than 2 trips of this sort per year. Some of my favorites have included Maui, The British Virgin Islands, Cozumel, Cabo, the Cayman Islands and many others. This means I have a pretty good sense of when things are being done the right way at a vacation destination; which also explains why I have visited Isla Mujeres 4 times and can't wait to go back for a 5th.

The beach; in a word is flawless. Its a small stretch of beach, perhaps 1.3 miles long (I'm guessing). But the white sand, crisp blue water will take your breath away. Playa Norte is dotted with Exceptional little Tiki Bars (and Restaurants) such as Chichis and Charlies, FENIX, Zazil Ha and Sunset Grill.

Exceptional all around!

3 Thank txgerman1
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

lovely, water refreshing, beach clean..sometimes noisy, but it was a busy beach and that is to be expected

Sydney, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Nice beach to relax and swim”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Good spot to go especially early morning when there is no one around. You don't have to rent a spot as there is some public space for everyone.