“Secret little spot”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Secret little spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is where the beadwork is created! This little shop has tons of beautiful work to choose from. Purses, earrings, necklaces, eyeglass strings, bracelets. Every time I visit the island I stop by he coop to purchase some of the local artwork from the ladies and children at this store. Everything is very affordable for all budgets.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank SL M

Mooresville, North Carolina
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow! The women of Isla that create jewelry are amazing. There were so many beautiful pieces to look at that it was almost overwhelming. We visited on a Friday & there were several ladies sitting at the table making jewelry, I could have watched them for hours. Lots of the pieces have so much detail to them! The prices are extremely reasonable too. I had read somewhere before my visit not to barter with the ladies & after seeing their jewelry I understood why. They are already selling their wares below what they are worth so it seems like an insult to offer less. This is a great place to find gifts for someone who has everything & is hard to buy for. Definitely visit if you are on Isla!

1 Thank Amy T
Hummelstown, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Handmade Beaded Jewelry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at Isla Mujeres Palace the beginning of December and found that this beading cooperative was only a block from our hotel (next to a beautiful church) and walking distance from the Turtle Farm. Most days you can visit the cooperative and watch the women making earrings, necklaces and bracelets. The prices are good and they make great gifts. I brought back five bracelets and wish I had bought more. If you stay at the Palace resort, just ask Jose to take you there.

3 Thank KLPeffer
Vancouver, Canada
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

What gorgeous jewellery these beautiful women make. Very very reasonable prices for the high quality of workmanship. I buy a lot of beaded jewellery here in Canada mostly from the First Nations at twice the price if not more so I went a little overboard but got some beautiful pieces that I will treasure. The Ladies were sitting around the table beading, no electricity, no running water but lots of smiles. I showed them a couple of my First Nation pieces that I was wearing and they examined them closely and seemed quite interested in the style. I was in heaven when I found this place.

Farmington, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“THIS IS A MUST STOP ON YOUR TRIP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The selection and prices are very good. These shops are one of the reasons that we love Mexico. Watch the artisians and their daughters at work making your special memory!