“Greenverde, you got the GREENVERDE light to go.”
Review of Greenverde

Greenverde
Ranked #21 of 233 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is decorated with reused and recycled materials, could be an example of that can do useful things with materials for some people is rubbish. Es el primer restaurante en Isla Mujeres hecho con materiales reciclados ademas de que cuenta con un menu exquisito de comida mexicana.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I don't want to say much about Greenverde other then you should go. After a few disappointing meals on isla, we finally hit a spot that lived up to and even surpassed the reviews. Basic old school Mexican with a creative twist. Every dish we ordered was great, as was the service. Cash only, it's a short golf cart ride or a $30-40 peso taxi ride from Playa Norte. The menu is limited and no seafood is offered, but what they do, they do very well.

1  Thank Oyam123

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We passed this small restaurant and were immediately drawn to the quaint atmosphere. But inside we were sold: a 1 litre fresh fruit juice with ice and a splash of tequila killed our thirst, it beat the heat and made us hungry for the menu. There is a good selection. I had the salad of the day (meat, fruits and cheese on salad with nuts and a divine dressing) and my love had burrittos stuffed with cheese and vegetables. Topped it off with yet another fruit cocktail. And we were full and satisfied. These people can Cook!!! Boy can they. The baked banana tequila pie for desert was too much to handle after all this delicieus food. So we had it to go. Will make a nice breakfast. Green verde has set a standard for the rest of our holiday.... A very high one....

1  Thank Dutchpair
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I wanted something simple and light tonight, so I ordered the Mexican Salad with chicken. The salad was beautifully arranged, with organic lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and topped with delicious, white shredded chicken. On the side, they provided two types of dressings; one was a lemon, olive oil, and pepper mixture, and the other was a balsamic and oil mixture. The lemon dressing was so simple and delicious, I did not use the balsamic, but it did taste good.

The service was fantastic as well! Our waitress, Lena, was very extremely nice and was happy to give explanations to us about how they make the foods we tried.

Tonight was my first trip to Greenverde and I have already planned a second!!

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This place is definitely one of our new favorites on Isla. Their homemade tortilla chips and salsa were so good we asked for a to go order of both. My wife had the salad with chicken (great with their homemade lemon dressing) and I had the tricolor mole (green with the pumpkin seeds was fantastic).

I also suggest trying the tamarind drink and the hibiscus drink, both were very good. Great staff and atmosphere, we will probably go back for a second straight night.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The staff is changing the menu around with their new opening hours and days and I got to try the new salad they have to offer. All i can say, it is great and i have plans to sample the same again. They make their own dressing which is out of the world for a great blend of flavors.

1  Thank garylaurance