“A little gem!”
Review of Abuelos

Abuelos
Ranked #39 of 232 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Description: Nice Place near the beach, here you could have propper home made food and enjoy the cool and calm ambient. He have veggie food, all natural and delicious. Service is excelent and fast.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just happen to stumble on to this little restaurant early in our trip. Immediately I could tell there was greatness to be found. A lovely Mexican lady showed me the menu and I was sold. That evening I returned with my kids. What a treat! Everyone was happy and the spirit, so lively! The owners Hazy and Miguel are so very kind. They are the soul for sure. The food is delicious, the drinks, yummy and of course the service was wonderful. We came here a second night and again, perfection. My daughter was tired and had a lot of water in her ear and went home. Hazy gave us such sweet and motherly advice on how to remedy this. On our last evening we really wanted to have our farewell drinks there. Much to our delight Hazy and Miguel were a part of this. She gave me a shot of tequila on the house, but on the little clay cup, she wrote our names on the cup as a little good bye gift. Such a sweet gesture. I recommend a meal here or 3! Don't miss this !

3  Thank EMF60

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is one of the best parts of out trip. Best food. Amazing people. They are family now, and I can't wait to go back!!!
Their ceviche is out of this world, as is the rest of their food. The only thing that beats the food, is the people who make and serve it. We had the honor to dine with them two days in a row. It would've been more if we had found them sooner. What an amazing family! Juan, our waiter, made us feel like family. We will be back every year now!!! (Added bonus: the little nephews like to play soccer outside of the restaurant. Join in! It was the funniest night ever!!!)
SUPPORT THIS RESTAURANT:)

4  Thank Gabby0138
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and the service is better, love the atmosphere. We will be back asap. Price is reasonable and I cannot say enough good things about the food

2  Thank Rick C
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is a little tiny place on Guerreo opposite Ixchel Beach Hotel I. Very small a few tables inside and a couple outside, with a small bar area. The food is so fresh. They showed us all of the fish they had that day before we ordered. I had the Ahi Tuna and my husband had shrimp. They both were cooked to perfection. Very reasonably priced too. The restaurant is run by a beautiful couple that are happy to serve you really good food. Portions were very large.......

2  Thank marynTulsa
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We just came back from a wonderful dinner at Abuelos and I just could not wait to write my review. We actually had lunch there yesterday and I had the freshest conch ceviche on the island and trust me, I've had it almost everywhere!
Decided to go back for dinner and my dad had their tuna steak medium rare and I had their tequila shrimp and hubby had their coconut shrimp. All three dishes were to die for! Authentic and fresh...Nicolas is a great cook and Miguel is so charming! Tried their Papaya, Pineapple, Mango and Melon aguas fresca and all were refreshing! 14 month old had their cheese quesedillas and papas fritas and we all had complimentary flan. Everything cost 770 pesos including a Micheladas!

We had trouble finding it at first and thought it was on the lil street north of Hidalgo. But it's the street next to it...so happy we found it as we plan on going back again next week! Thanks Tripadvisor or we would've never read about it!

Please give it a try!