“Rickety cart.” 3 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Rickety cart.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was the second time we rented with Prisma and I think the last. Both times we received a cart that was not in proper working order. This last time we thought it was no big deal just kinda humorous when the cart would make a crazy sound and attract attention. Well it wasn't too funny when the parking brake failed and we had to run down a hill after it, in flip flops. I bet it was funny to everyone around us however.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank chuckvandamme

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had a fantastic time getting around the island with the golf cart. I would rent from them again. Very easy walk from the ferry to Prisma.

2 Thank Perry S
Hughson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“No problems”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We reserved 3 carts from home on-line and they were waiting for us. The carts were all in good condition and we had no issues. They were a short walk from the ferrie terminal. It's good to have a cart here and Prisma delivered as advertised.

2 Thank 14Daroad
MN
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“We love Prisma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Prices are fair, carts are in good repair. They are easy to deal with and so close to the ferry terminal. Recommend to anyone looking for a cart while on Isla Mujeres.

1 Thank sunluvr
Forest Hills, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Very Rude - Print Out The Email!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just came back from renting a golf cart from Prisma with my wife and two-year old son, and I must say that the manager was very rude.

I emailed for a one-day quote with the 10% website discount. Jesus replied back to me and quoted me $43 - $5 discount for a total of $38 USD. I said okay and he replied back, "See you then." The website directions from the ferry are incorrect. When you get off the ferry and you're on the main road, turn left and walk three shirt blocks and Prisma will be on the right side of the street. It's a very small shop and you may miss it. I walked in and told him my name and that I emailed Jesus and he told me $38 USD with the coupon. The manager asked if I had a confirmation and I said via email, but he wanted a print out. I didn't have one and he quoted me $48 USD. I got pissed. He said he couldn't do anything without the email, but thankfully I still had it on my phone despite being on airplane mode. He looked at it and honored the $38 USD. There was no communication about printing out the email. This got me stressed the entire day because I thought they were going to pull something shady on the return, but everything was fine.

To their credit, it was a true discount as all day is listed in the store as 550 pesos, but he gave it to me for 450 pesos. Regardless, I will never rent from Prisma again.

3 Thank BatmanWins