“Mojitos!”

El Varadero
Ranked #56 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We pass this place by boat all the time and finally made a lunch out of it. Great mojitos! We tried the Torta Cubano- awesome! It has a relaxed fun Caribbean atmosphere. Good music too. It is all outdoor seating, under the palapa water-side is the best. Good friendly service.

There are newer reviews for El Varadero

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a restaurant in the Caribbean should look/feel like! I haven't posted a review before now because El V has always been a bit of a local secret. But I guess now that the secret is out I'll have to review it.
We love El Varadero. We dine here at least once a week while we are staying on Isla Mujeres. Their mojitos are by far the best on the island. Their food is fantastic - always fresh, always great. I love their shrimp and fish dishes and my husband loves their pork. Their plantains and black beans are very tasty too. This is authentic Cuban food (unlike another restaurant in town that I won't mention), run by real Cubans (not from NY).
The atmosphere is great - especially at sunset. It is tucked away on the canal and you can watch the boats come in and the birds roosting in the mangroves across the way.
It is a little hard to find and I'm glad about that!

1  Thank Artistseye
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We checked this place out based upon the review of it on a map we had and TA reviews. The drinks were nothing special and neither was the food. People were nice but the place is not for us.Hard to find also.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Sought this place out because of the April reviews and the recommendation of the MapChick guide. Don't do it. I must say the Mojitos were good, but service was lousy. We waited for 70 minutes for a sandwich and fried plantains. The sandwich was your run of the mill sandwich for a whopping 95 Pesos, and the Plantains was one banana sliced and I guess fried for 35 Pesos. Very disappointing. I hope we don't get sick like the last reviewer.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Not a good place, seriously good reviews? What did I miss?? The food was not good at all the Ceviche was plain no flavour, good views and cute place, but the kitchen looks so dirty it grossed me out when we left the restaurant, my husband and I got sick from the food bad stomach anche and diarrea, thank God we didn't have to go to the hospital but it was a close call, I am not sure that place will pass a health inspection in the States. Skip thisplace and go to Chuck Kai next door it is one of best in the island that is where the locals go. Oh I almost forgot only cash and the prices are high for what you get not cheap.