“Exceptional food expertly prepared”
Review of Los Fueguitos Steak House - CLOSED

Los Fueguitos Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

After days of lackluster dining around Isla Mujeres my husband and I were thrilled to treat ourselves to Christmas dinner here. From the light, fresh rolls served at the beginning of the meal with eggplant and chickpeas to our flan at the end of the meal, everything was prepared beautifully. My husband had a juicy flank steak served with flame-kissed sweet potatoes while I enjoyed the perfectly seasoned black fettuccini with shrimp. In an area with a great deal of unexceptional food and drink Los Fuegitos really stands apart. Bravo!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I just finished a delicious dinner while listening to ocean waves rolling in by the Malecon Boardwalk. We were totally impressed with every aspect of our dinner and desert, and we wish we'd have discovered this restaurant before the last day of our trip. It's by far the best food we've had on Isla Mujeres, and although it's not on the main street (Hildago), it's the best restaurant we visited during our stay. Sincerely, Jim & Glenda, Tucson AZ.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This restaurant is off the main drag, but we'll worth seeking out. I had the rib eye and there was no need of a knife to cut it! It was fantastic, the desert was equally as good and the staff were friendly and well trained. We had a table over looking the water and it was a pity it was closed the last day we were leaving, or we would have returned. The best meal we had on the Island.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We sat on the stunning seaside patio and ate the best ribeye I've had ever. (And I am from cattle country -- Alberta Canada). It was cooked to perfection; rare and wonderfully flavored. So good that mom and I finished a 15 0z between us. The accompany salad was delicious: pick the balsamic and honey dressing. And we finished with a dulce de leche crepe to die for. This will be a return visit for sure when we are next on the island. Service was wonderful. Location beautiful. Thank you for a fabulous dinner.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Food was excellent, the service good, but only with smiles, no conversation.
The only reason I didn't give the restaurant 5 stars was that there was no interest in talking, or conversing with me. After owning many restaurants, I have found that most customers are happy to have some conversation with the server, or owner.
With so many places to eat on the island, I believe meeting, greeting and chatting with customers, and making friends will go a long way in customer returns.
I might eat there again over our next visit, Christmas.