“Incredible!”
Review of Los Fueguitos Steak House - CLOSED

Los Fueguitos Steak House
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Incredible!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Got to isla yesterday and looked for this restaurant . It is amazing, the food, the atmosphere and the view. This place is a must!

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The place is very beautiful and the location is amazing! They have a nice sitting area outside, but the night was windy and rainy so we sat inside.
We read some recommendations about the grill for 2, so we gave it a try.
And we loved it! The appetizers were very tasty, the ribs were juicy, but the true winner of the night was the skirt steak.
Apparently in Argentina they cook the steak with the membrane around it... Which makes it even better!!! All the flavors of the meat are inside and the meat tastes soooo good!
We had a bottle of wine and a homemade flan for desert. Paid around 70 us

• Visited September 2013
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My expectations must have been to high...”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We read many of the reviews for this place and decided to give it a try...

1. Patio was closed due to high winds...not their fault.
2. Wonderful view of Carribean.
3. Great ambiance.
4. Food was average for the price point.
5. Seemed like french fries were frozen store bought...seems they would be fresh at this restaurant. But what do I know...I eat potatos almost every day.
6. Our waitress seemed...hmmm...not happy to be there or something...not sure how to read her but it wasn't good. Maybe it was the Pentagram she was wearing that was giving off weird vibes...LOL
Definitely not worthy of #3 over all Trip Advisor rating. But it was OK. There are much better food choices on the Island from our perspective. But we wish them the best of luck...

PS...in case you think I'm not a nice fella, I did tip 20% because that is how I role!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank songboy1964
Tulum, Mexico
“Ricissimo”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Argentinian style food with modern flair. Great menu, delicious food, super service. And then there's the view. Al fresco dining virtually by the sea, we went before sunset and stayed for hours. Great mojitos, skirt steak and paramilitary. I highly recommend this place.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank sojaxbch
Louisville, Kentucky
“Loved Fuegitos”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Were excited to hear about this newest hotspot on Isla when we arrived. I was familiar with the beautiful building right by the sea when it was a bar. The owners have done an incredible job with the renovations. It's very simple yet elegant with a really hip vibe. If you want one of the 4 tables on the veranda right by the sea you need to make reservations. We ate here two nights while visiting last month and will now call it a favorite! The chef owner is a true carnivore so you'd expect to find a great sampling of carne; however, his wife/owner is a vegetarian so there's several nice items for the non-carnivorous appetite. The salad is huge and should be split between 2 people. I had the ribeye (cooked medium perfectly) my first visit and then the second visit I had the black linguiine with shrimp. The hand made pasta was infused with squid ink, hence the black, color. It was scrumptious. I will definitely be back!

Visited August 2013