“Awesome Fishing Trip”

On Isla Mujeres Water Tours
Ranked #2 of 50 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: On Isla Mujeres Water Tours offers unforgettable adventures of swimming with the whale sharks, fishing charters, Island Tours and custom private tours.Out boat, the Anastacia 2, is 34 feet and designed for a comfortable ride on the ocean. The boat has plenty of cushioned seating, plenty of shade/sun and a clean bathroom on board. Our values are safety, comfort, fun and preservation of the wildlife. We have top notch navigational equipment, marine radio and other safety features. We provide all snorkeling gear and fishing gear/bait in great condition.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was me and my 8 year old son. We fished with Jorge on March 25. We would have went another day but it was too windy. Jorge and his two mates fished very hard and were very attentive to my son. Jorge made recommendations as to what to fish for but was more than willing to listen to what I wanted to do. My son and I had a blast. We were dissapointed we could not get out again with them becuase of the weather. We caught multiple tuna. Saw a 2000 pound Manta Ray free jump 10 feet from the boat. We also did some bottom fishing and caught countless porgys and yellowtail. They cooked the fish for us at their restaurant Justicia Social. Jorge's wife Dianne was very helpful in planning the trip and kept us abreast of the weather. The bottom line is Jorge will work extremely hard to make you happy on your trip whether it is fishing, snorkeling or swimming with the whales. This guy is a pro.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"smaller boat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a young man who is very knowledgable. His crew is top rate and they will work hard to get you over some fish. they are less expensive than other places yet they don't give you less service as a result. They filleted the fish and packaged it so we could make a dinner out of our catch. I will make this fishing trip an annual thing because of these guys. Can't rate them high enough.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just back home from our ninth trip to Isla that included my first fishing trip on the ocean. We met Jorge & Diane a couple of years ago so it made perfect sense to go with them. We had a beautiful day weather wise and although the sailfish were reluctant to bite, we saw so many different species of sea life. Dolphins, sailfish, and acres of the surface alive with sardines which as it turned out were being chased by hundreds of manta rays of all sizes...simply an amazing sight! I would've considered the trip a huge success without the trigger fish, amberjack ,and snapper that we caught. The meal Jorge prepared was the absolute best seafood meal my wife and I have ever had. Jorge and his crew are very competent and seem to be good friends as well as co workers. Excellent sandwich (ok, on Isla they call it a torta) with water, beer, and soda on board included in the price. Very easy to recommend On Isla Water Tours to anyone that is going to Isla and wants to experience the sea. Planning to go out on the Anastacia again next year, and cannot wait! Many thanks to Jorge & Diane for a most memorable day!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Took my family to Isla and hoped to get a sailfish trip in with my 11 year old son. I booked with the Anastacia and unfortunately the wind made an offshore trip impossible. However, we elected to take an inshore trip and get my 11 year old son a barracuda. Dianne, Capt Jorge and the crew made our trip a day to remember as we loaded up on Cuda, a few other species , and had a blast practicing our Spanglish. They worked hard to get us and keep us on the fish. The crystal clear water and sunshine was a nice break from the northwest winter, but what I enjoyed the most was my time on the water with family and friends, both new and old.

When I come back to Isla, which I will, I will have no need to search for a charter, I will go directly to this competent team of great people. Mucho Gratias

See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have fished with Jorge before and I wouldn't go with anyone else. He always produces fish even when it is slow. When we went out the sailfish were not hitting although we still had two that got off.(not Jorge,s fault) He decided to go out even farther, and we caught trigger fish and snapper and amberjack. Jorge prepared all the fish when we caught and it fed 16 friends with leftovers. But the highlight of the trip for me was having hundreds of Manta Rays swim right next to the boat. They were huge with 10 to 12 foot wingspans. Every time I have gone fishing with Jorge we have done very well. Thank you Jorge and your lovely wife Diane.