“Cheap and excellent”

Rosticeria La Mexicana
Ranked #115 of 214 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: There are 2 in centro. I have eaten at both and also submitted a request a minute ago for the one on Hidalgo. Thanks!
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Roasted chicken served with sides of tortillas, rice and marinated onions, very casual but perfect for lunch (they are closed at dinner). Right on main street and perfect for people watching. The only down side is they don't serve margaritas.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Best rotisserie style chicken on the island! My boyfriend and I split a half chicken for lunch one day and with all the sides they serve you, it completely filled us up! Great food!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place features roasted chicken, done perfectly. In addition to being properly cooked, the chicken here tastes great because the local chicken has no chemicals added anywhere from egg to chicken to table. It is tender,juicy and very, very, tasty. My wife gets a little embarrassed when we eat there, as I end up with chicken juice running down my arms while I eat, so we often get it ¨to go¨. Sides are adequate, but unexciting, but the chicken is si good, I don´t mind the average sides.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Have eatin here twice so far and wonderful bar b q chicen we did not leave hungry the wife and I give it 2 Isla thumbs up

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Bane and his chicken...cannot go to Mexico and not have this chicken! In low season he said he sells 60 chickens a day! Wow..amazing business!

100 pesos per family dinner. Still comes with a choice of rice or spaghetti, tortillas, pickled onions, peppers, liquid frijoles (well, that's what I call it lol...it's like gravy). Individual dinners were as cheap as 50 pesos.

Delicious!