Hotel Las Palmas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
See available hotels
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)
  • Pool
Hotel Xul-ha(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Los Arcos Suites(Isla Mujeres)
Hotel Kinich(Isla Mujeres)
Hotel Marcianito(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
Francis Arlene Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Xbulu-Ha(Isla Mujeres)
View Hotel
All reviewsdipping poolother guestsrooftop patiohome away from homecommunal kitchenowner katebudget roomopen air kitchenbeautiful rooffelt like homecommon spacenew friendscommunal areaspillow toptwo blockslocation location locationbeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I had originally booked Hotel Las Palmas because it sounded like a good place for a solo traveler. My husband doesn't like the beach or sand but it was so cold in NY he decided to go with me. We both loved Isla Mujeres and Hotel Las Palmas. I would go snorkeling and he would hang out at Las Palmas playing chess, renting a bicycle or borrowing the owner Kate's dog to go for a walk. The hotel was simple, clean and welcoming. The rooms were an ok size with great mattresses. We didn't have a balcony or view but we didn't care. There were plenty of public spaces - roof deck, patio and nooks for reading. We could visit with other guests or just be by ourselves. Las Palmas is located 1 or 2 blocks from Playa Norte and it is one street over from the main restaurant and shopping area. I have stayed in lots of places from 5 star resorts to tents. This one was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrtierney
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have been to Isla Mujeres every year for the past 8 years and I have stayed at a number of hotels around the island. I plan on returning to Las Palmas next year and hopefully many more years to come. I really loved the social vibe of the hotel. Kate and Safari go out of their way to make you feel like family, but they are also non-intrusive if you are a private person.
The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The special highlights of the hotel are the many common areas. There is a courtyard on the first floor with many tables, a small kitchen and fresh coffee in the morning. There is a smaller comfortable patio on the second floor with a couch and tables and there is also a roof top patio with several tables, hammocks and a dipping pool. The roof top is open 24 hours and is nice place to hang out during the evenings.
An added bonus the hotel has is its LOCATION. It’s just a block from the beach and the main street downtown called Hidalgo.
The owners also have a wonderful dog called “Cachito”. He is a friendly guy who really makes you feel at home! I can’t wait until next year for my stay on Isla Mujeres at Las Palmas.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2011

This was my second time staying at Las Palmas. It is in a great location, great price and great owners. I have no complaints. You won't be disapointed if you stay here, unless you are looking for an all inclusive type resort. I will be back again someday!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2011

As others have stated, this is an amazing place to relax and enjoy the sun. Kate and Safari are the most hospitable staff. They will go out of there way to accommodate you in any way like family. As they know everything about the Island and other tourist stops they have loads of knowledge to shares with all types of secret stops you have to make. TRUST me, they know the best margaritas in town ;) All the other guest were super nice and it was very interesting to meet people from all over and learn about other cultures. Isn't that one of the advantages of traveling to different countries. <3

After traveling for a few weeks this was a much needed relaxing stop before heading back to the Swiss Alps. It was perfectly located with hammocks everywhere to relax in with a library of books for you to grab while there to read. There is also a super cheap eat next door, try any of the stalls they are all awesome! I can not wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This was our first stay at Las Palmas and it was exactly what my family has been looking for in a home away from home kind of way. From the moment we stepped on the property Safari and Kate made us feel right at home.

This may not be the place for everyone as some have commented. However, we really enjoyed meeting other travelers, some of which we consider friends!! This was a great experience for my children as well. They are 16 and 12. This place was very safe and comfortable. Lots of places to curl up and read a book or take a nap. The rooftop is the perfect place if you are not in the mood for the beach.

Kate and Safari have thought of almost everything. We have stayed other places on the island for twice the money and were offered half as many things. The courtyard and kitchen area met our needs perfectly. Kate and Safari treated us like family - in a very positive sort of way. WE CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK HERE.....sooner rather than later I hope!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family